turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ppauldkim
Returning Member

I filed my federal taxes and need to amend them. I didn't file my CA taxes. Should I send my CA forms with my original federal (and amend both) or the amended?

I filed my federal taxes and realized I needed to amend them. I didn't yet file my CA state taxes. (1) Can I send my CA state tax form with my corrected/amended federal tax forms, or (2) should I use the original federal forms and then amend them both?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed my federal taxes and need to amend them. I didn't file my CA taxes. Should I send my CA forms with my original federal (and amend both) or the amended?

Since you have not yet filed a California return, after you have amended your Federal return, you can use the corrected figures to complete your return for California.  

Your California tax return is mailed to the Franchise Tax Board in Fresno, California. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Since you have not yet filed a California return, after you have amended your Federal return, you can use the corrected figures to complete your return for California.  

Your California tax return is mailed to the Franchise Tax Board in Fresno, California. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies