bjm_1021

Since I amended my return, I dont owe money any more but get a refund. But will I still need to pay for what I due and get refunded after the tax date?

MiriamF

Yes, you still need to pay the balance due with your original return.

Your original return and your amended return are processed as two separate returns. The IRS will mail you a check for the refund that goes with your amended return. You are expected to pay the balance due that goes with your original return.

It can take up to 12 weeks to process the amendment, so don't hold your breath waiting for that refund.

MiriamF