Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Beamerboy593
Returning Member

Significant amount of estimated refund... Unknown

Very confused and really need resolution.

I filed with turbotax last year. It was extremely easy. i has no problems. State took some of it for a fine but it wasn't a shock. So this year it says I'm accepted for roughly 2,000$ each so about 4200$ total combining both. I talked to 4 different representatives.. 2 from turbtax and 2 from the IRS and all 4 said everything looks great, you should be getting everything it says, granted it may be delayed which whatever. This was prior to getting my quote on quote refund if you can even call it that considering I got an entire 6% of my expected refund. I have no kids, not married nor have I, I literally did it the same as last year while changing numbers Obviously. I claim 1 on with holdings to make sure feds and state stay out of my ass and I get a decent refund. This year however I filed on Jan 25th, federal Received it on 2/11 and state received it on 2//18. State got rejected simply because I forgot to sign one box. Soon as I did that they accepted it. Same as my federal. Both accepted. Both for over 2 grand. I know my old work was doing some shady stuff with insurance right before I got laid off to increase the higher ups taxes. But I left before I could really see. I know that's right up there ally. Anything that makes them money regardless of state or federal laws they will do. But I can't say for sure. Bottom line I'm just looking for answers because this money was going entirely towards school in the fall and now that can't happen. Nothing has changed since lash year like I said so if I had this massive 5000$ debt I would imagine I'd hear about it somehow. The numbers also don't add up. Turbotax hasn't changed at all. the IRS website says I got 190$ refund but on my bank it says 182. And finally I laid turbotax 120$ for the delux edition but they gave me a 70$ deposit back as well like I could go withdrawal it right now. If there's a simple explanation to this then okay I'm not fantastic with taxes but I showed it to a friend who knows slightly more then me and his guess was I got hacked. And used a curtain word to describe it I can't recall right now. If there's any advice that can be sent my way id be incredibly grateful I'm only 27 and I've been planning term since last April but never considered a plan B....thank you in anvance for any weight that some information can lift off my shoulders because it's been nothing but a none stop panic attack being unemployment which under the circumstances would be false termination not to mention never obeying state and federal covid safety mandate laws. That's why I even considered them is cause they have no morals or kines we never got supplied a single mask or hand sanitizer or gloves this entire pandemic. So if my ex box decided to switch some numbers to make a couple extra commas in his bank I would not nor would I ever be surprised. Anyways I've gone on long enough. If you have read this far I thank you and any advice at all that could help me at all would be hard to put in words how grateful id be. 

Thank you for reading

Sincerely, Cameron S

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I can think of two possibilities:  You made a data entry error or forgot to claim some income, neither of which the TT reps would know. Or, you owe back taxes or child support, and the IRS made an offset.  In either case, the IRS will be sending you a letter. They do not notify TT.

Beamerboy593
Returning Member

I suppose you can say it was semi resolved. I discovered it was my former employer falsifying federal tax records making it so he got 90% of my refund. I have the proof. I found the original and correct one that I sent back in. And when I confronted 2 people one acted like it was my fault and also coerced me to sign a form forcing me to never mention it and also by hacking my phone. The other, the boss I worked for didn't say anything I have more then enough evidence of more then just this to out them in federal prison for a long time. So that's what I'm in the process off. I tried to be civil and I said just do the right thing and pay me back and that'll be it or we can take it to court. And he then threatened and coerced me while hacking my phone which i saved proof of. So once I find the right atterney they both will be going away for a long time and there businesses will be closed.  

Beamerboy593
Returning Member

Wow I'm amazed on how similar our stories are I forgot to sign one stupid box on state but soon as I did it it got accepted and I also got told by 4 people. The final problemvim having is figuring out how to change my checking account number I just had that changed nothing else but it's proven to literally be impossible. I even called the St Helens location with 400 people and same message theh send me a no longer in service number and time is starting to run short as my anxiety starts running high. Last I heard all you b can do is call but in called no joke every single location in the entire State,.... Got no n where.... 

Beamerboy593
Returning Member

And yes I'm due for **bleep** $4300 my self. Was really hoping to get back into college butb good n knows how long it'll be

Beamerboy593
Returning Member

I just read your entire text and I'm literally dumbfounded by how similar are stories are you did get hacked the same thing happened to me mine was about for $30,000 was what my boss was trying to get me for the best advice I could give you amend as quick as you can if you amend it and you can find the proper documents which TurboTax if you get the right competent person they should be able to find it for you they found it for me I snapshotted it I have full proof that I paid my taxes every quarter this year so it was it hasn't shown up yet because I haven't amended it that long ago but that is the best thing you can do if you amend it it will take a little bit I won't lie but it'll show up on your account in about 3 weeks and then depending on how early you filed you should if you filed early you should get it quicker rather than later but I can't see for sure that's just what I've heard but yeah if you can find proof and you have all of your documentation or you can call turbo taxes dumbasses and get them to fax it to you print it to you whatever you have to have them do you're good to go as long as you have all the documentation you need to prove that you were not hacked and that this was not your fault in any way shape or form you will be golden I promise you because I was in the hole for 3 days till the IRS $30,000 because my Xbox went through a back door app and entered zero and every single quarter of the year making it look like I paid nothing out of my taxes but then went through and I still don't understand how he did it but then he went through a regular app and entered the right information but then switch the two so then he printed me off the one that was all screwed up and then he kept the one that was right and I still I still can't wrap my mind around it to be honest I don't know if he's responsible I don't know if the little midget **bleep** in California accountant dude is responsible but someone knows a lot about accounting like I've never even heard of that being a thing hacking into someone's TurboTax through a back door app and changing it free room for your own profit and then entering the normal one and then switching them I have never heard of that and I was in accounting for 5 years so whoever did it I kind of got to give props to him because I was an accountant for 5 years and I've never heard of that kind of thing done before I've heard of similar things but not bad advanced that's you need to really know your stuff in order to be able to do that and not get caught especially in California because that's where our accounting is cuz in California the tax laws for Myers standing are a little bit more serious than an Oregon and it's a lot easier to get someone into federal court down there than it is up here so he took a pretty big risk I'm not done with them I still have plenty of time to deal with that right now I'm focusing on getting my taxes squared away getting the IRS squared away making sure ironically enough I can get to school in the fall just like you can because that would seriously be amazing if we both could but they have a lawsuit coming their way I already have a lawyer who literally took a 2 minute look at my paperwork and was like you folded it up handed it to me and he was like done deal here you go when you going to go and that was it he literally barely even had to look at it all he saw was the first return that said zero and the second one that had the correct amount and he was like okay when do you want to go to court so I still got to think about that I have quite a bit of time I believe I have until the end of the year before time runs out or at least time starts to run out so from what I hear within 18 weeks our taxes should be headed our way and then I'm shutting them down I'm taking them for everything they have they've got three locations one in Portland and two in California and I'm taking all three of them I'm bankrupt me Bank rupting them Laura can you talk right now but yeah I'm anything and everything I could take from them it's mine they pulled the biggest f up they could have pulled so they can hire the most expensive lawyer they want they can hire five for all I care it don't matter they don't have a leg to stand on cuz I got proof for days I have three folders full of proof that this is all committed in a malicious manner and is considered fraud in both States so whether I'm able to take him to court you know in a month or I have to wait a few months that's fine by me cuz regardless of his here or California tax fraud is not taking very lightly in any state so frankly if they want to enjoy the last few months of freedom let him you know if they want to have a nice little nice little brunch with their family before they never see him again by all means you know have a fun time cuz I guarantee it's going to be the last fun time you have for a long time so yeah that's what happened with me that's I got to say that's pretty crazy how similar what happened to us is and my deepest condolences to you because I know the feeling that you get when you find out about that kind of stuff it's it's definitely like next level type stress that you don't feel everyday so my heart goes out to you I sincerely hope everything works out and you make it to school by fall I also hope the same for myself but considering the circumstances I didn't make a plan B so if all doesn't work out I will wait till spring I don't want to but if I have to I will it's not a big deal that's kind of conclusion I came to but I no longer work there he quote unquote laid me off along with to my best friends but in reality it was because of whistle blowing and he got spooked he was doing damage control he was getting rid of any and every threat to his business that he can see is what he was doing so that's fine that place was extremely toxic anyway I I look at it as good riddance you know that place was just full of drugs full of alcohol I mean I could tell you stories that would have your jaw drop to the floor knowing that it was okay that's how bad it was so I don't have any wish to go back there I don't have anyone to go back there I do know that my former boss was trying to put me on a machine that he knows that I cannot do for more than an hour at a time because of my back so all he has to do is put me on that machine and then boom I tell him I have to take a break when it's not break time and then that's technically good enough of a reason to fire me so you know we all me and my me and my two best friends we saw what he was doing us three we placed on quote unquote leave and that was a little over a month ago and I just got a letter from the work insurance that I never once used saying as of the 29th I'm no longer with them but if I want to I can continue to pay $30 a month blah blah blah there's no way that's going to happen so the only time I ever want to go back to that place is to be with a lawyer to serve them honestly that would bring me the greatest joy just to be there I don't even have to say a word just to be there to see the look on his face knowing that he has a federal court date I think that that would just make my entire week but anyways I really really hope that everything works out for you I'm still blown away by just this year whatever you want to call it I don't know if I believe a coincidence is or not but is the craziness of how similar are stories are and what are the odds right but I don't think I'll be doing TurboTax next year to be honest I know all of them are connected I know H&R block and Jackson Hewitt are connected but I also know some places down south towards Salem and Corvallis and Jackson Hewitt is actually really good and they actually give you $100 as well if you switch to them so we'll see what happens next year but as far as this year goes I wish you nothing but the best I sincerely hope you get in school this fall for me honestly I can't say for sure I don't know exactly when my money's coming I still need to find out how to get a hold of the IRS cuz it's proven to be pretty impossible but as soon as I do that I should be okay if I can't then you know they'll just mail me a check and I don't add on you know a good 7 to 10 days which isn't a huge deal but you know setting up direct deposit would make it a lot more convenient so if I can get a hold of somebody somewhere that would be nice their website just does not work it keeps telling me I'm entering the wrong information which is wrong frankly so I think calling for now is going to be the best bet at least for a couple days and then I'll check back in on the website and see if they fixed it so yeah that's where I'm atbut it's been a real pleasure talking to you you have every sympathy in the book for me and I'm sending you every positive vibe that I have that everything goes good for you and that you get your money as soon as possible cuz you deserve it as soon as possible take care of yourself okay know exactly the safest safest world out there right now so look out for you and yours always look behind your shoulder and just look out for you that's the best thing you can do I wish you nothing but the best for me

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies