Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Shouldn't there be a "Don't forget to sign your tax document before you send it in the mail." message after you print you tax documents? I had a few people forget to sign

Since I couldn't find a feedback section, I thought I'd propose the idea here since I see a lot of people making the same mistake and getting penalized. 
It seems to be a routine thing in my family and with some friends that they forget to sign their tax document before sending their tax in the mail. I'd imagine it can't be a that uncommon if this many people were doing it. It might be a very good idea to incude that message after you print your tax documents and send it through mail. Anyhow, I love the TurboTax product and I thank everyone for doing an amazing job.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Shouldn't there be a "Don't forget to sign your tax document before you send it in the mail." message after you print you tax documents? I had a few people forget to sign

On the File by Mail filing instructions that is the first page of the printout when mailing a tax return, the following is included -

Your tax return - The official return for mailing is included in this printout.
Remember to sign and date the return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies