Solved: Should I amend my tax or claim spouse injury if I file my status incorrect and one of my defendants owe tax?

Should I amend my tax or claim spouse injury if I file my status incorrect and one of my defendants owe tax?

I'm a single mother who also added another dependent who owes back taxes.

The Injured Spouse form is for a couple filing jointly where one spouse has a previous debt that may result in the seizure of the Federal tax refund to pay the debt.

This form is not applicable for the case where the person who owes the debt is claimed as a dependent on a tax return.  It would not apply in your case.