turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Second stimulus,is it being sent back to the IRS due to Santa Barbara bank?

I am seeing alot of people saying that if we used turbo tax to file our taxes last year,that we will not be getting our 2nd stimulus checks direct deposited bc of Santa Barbara Bank.That they are being rejected and now we will have to wait on a paper check.I used turbo tax to file,but had my refund direct deposited in my bank.I got my 1st stimulus check fine.But people are saying that will not be the case this time.PLEASE SOMEONE CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

61 Replies

If you did NOT request to have the TurboTax account fees paid from your federal tax refund, disregard any references to Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.

The stimulus payment will go to the account you entered for direct deposit on the 2019 tax return.  The direct deposit information cannot be changed.  If the account is closed the IRS will send the payment by mail or on a debit card.

Go to this IRS website for stimulus information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-and-irs-begin-delivering-second-round-of-economic-impact-payme...

Go to this IRS website to check the status of your payment - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

If you do not receive the second stimulus payment on or before January 15, 2021 and you are eligible it will be entered on your federal tax return, Form 1040 on Line 30.

The Form 1040 has not been finalized and needs to updated to include the 2nd Economic Impact Payment.

I did choose to have the fees taken out of my refund.So what does that mean for me?

@Jessdawn085 wrote:

I did choose to have the fees taken out of my refund.So what does that mean for me?

See this SBTPG website concerning a stimulus payment - https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Ughhh so this bank has caused ALOT OF turbo tax users not be able to get their stimulus checks direct deposited.We got it direct deposited last time and now they are doing this and rejecting it!!

Sounds like it. Apparently they rejected mine. Now gotta wait 2 days for them to send out a paper check and then wait on the Post office to do it’s job. So maybe I’ll have it in a month if I’m lucky. They should’ve sent us warnings this was a possibility with it happening to as many people as it is. They’ve delayed us even more so by making us miss the first round of mail outs. And now they’ve made it impossible to speak to a representative to discuss it at all. The tax software is fine, but I will make sure no one I know uses this piece of garbage card/bank from here on out. The outright disrespect of not being informed their could be complications and then making it so no one can communicate with them....it’s awful service at best. 

Well I don’t stay in the same address as I did last year and nobody will answer the phone so I can talk or even change my account information

I know people that paid their fees up front or had no fees and they haven't gotten theirs either. There's just no rhyme or reason

je08

why does my irs status say Not Available? I received the first stimulus but not the second one! I will definitely not be using TurboTax this year!

I get the reasoning behind this, but as customers we should have been warned. Now there is no telling when or if we will get this stimulus. I will not be using turbo tax again.  Last year, I received my refund in ANYTHING but turbo time, I think it was like, 6 weeks?

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

We understand that a number of clients are experiencing challenges regarding the receipt of their stimulus payment and are working to resolve this with the IRS. Please click on the following link for additional information: Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have read and reread all of these things, and there is STILL no answer as to when or if check will be supplied. "Well...it may be sent by paper check...or you can file for a credit with your income taxes"....does NOT pay my rent or put food on my table TODAY. The American people are FED UP with excuses about not getting relief, not just from your company but from the government that WE pay to take care of us in times of emergency. Guess what?  You have ALL failed miserably. Congratulations, job well done.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

We understand that a number of clients are experiencing challenges regarding the receipt of their stimulus payment and are working to resolve this with the IRS. Please click on the following link for additional information: Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

have a date or any other arrangments being made as of now.

IsabellaG
Employee Tax Expert

If you paid TurboTax with your refund last year, TurboTax has provided the IRS with your correct account information, and the IRS is working to send your payment to you within days. Please see this article.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies