Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SBTPG / Santa Barbara Tax Products Group SCAM

I filed my 2023 taxes, like I do every year, through Turbo Tax.  Never one problem, always simple, easy, and affordable.  This year, we recieved a tax deposit from SBTPG with $187 short on our expected refund.  This was confusing, thinking it was simply a miscalculation on my part....no it was not.  I looked at my filed amount, return amount, deducted the cost of filing for BOTH Federal and State, deducted the additional taxes....yet it was still off $187.

I do not owe back taxes, I do not owe any corporation (student debt, child debt, etc) so at this point I did some research.....SBTPG is a 3rd party that Intuit/Greendot use when you utilize the "Use your tax refund to pay your amount owed to file" charge.  Thus this SBTPG charges another HIDDEN FEE for processing said amount and depositing said amount.  Call it what you will, this is a scam to keep people from their hard earned money that is already taxed to the max.  Disgusting business practice.  If there was any disclosure concerning this additonal fee they hid it well. So that they would capitalize on the ignorance of american citizens that simply think a company will make something easy and simple to navigate with no hidden agenda's.  Thank you Intuit, you have opened my eyes, and I will be using a different tax filing format from now on.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

SBTPG / Santa Barbara Tax Products Group SCAM

The only service charge from SBTPG is the $40 fee for processing the federal tax refund.  Since you did not receive your complete federal tax refund after the fees were deducted you need to contact SBTPG or Green Dot Corporation.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Call 1-877-908-7228

Or - TPG-CSsupport@greendotcorp.com

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies