Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SBTPG March 18, 2022

My husband and I were informed March 14th we would be getting our federal refund. It didn’t come in. We called TPG on March 15th and was told by a confused employee that they were having technical difficulties and didn’t know when we would get our federal. She then stated for us to call back Friday (March 18th) and hung up. We called today and after almost 2 hours on hold; was hung up on. Now waiting for a callback. Turbo said we would be receiving x amount but IRS said it was wrong and only x amount would be coming in. It was adjusted fine. But if there are NO issues with our account why does it say “amount paid to us” but we scroll over and it says “Reserved”??? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

SBTPG March 18, 2022

On this public forum, we do not have detailed information about refund processing via our third party refund processor.  Please reach out again to TPG for more information - You can do this at their Help page.  Please utilize the numbers listed, or you can scroll down on the page and click Submit A Request

Also, we cannot diagnose why your refund has been reduced.  For additional information, please see this Help Article or this TurboTax blog post.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

SBTPG March 18, 2022

Apparently you don't seem to understand that we ARE calling and not getting a CLEAR response. Nor is anyone answering the "10+ minute" wait times that are turning into an hour long wait; to being hung up on. This is such a huge lawsuit in the works. If no one can provide ample responses in a timely manner why give a generic computerized band-aid. Obviously thousands of people are complaining.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SBTPG March 18, 2022

Dear heavens "lawsuit in the making".  No, it's not.   Odds are that your refund is held by the IRS and not this processing group, anyway, as the technical issue that they had was cleared a while ago and those refunds processed (with all of about a 24 hour or so delay, certainly not lawsuit material.

In any case, you can keep complaining here but the answer remains the same - there is an entirely different company involved in that process, and it's not TurboTax, who can't help you here.    

SBTPG March 18, 2022

No one asked you. And yes it is, from the amount of threads, complaints etc. 

"Odds are that your refund is held by the IRS and not this processing group, anyway, as the technical issue that they had was cleared a while ago and those refunds processed (with all of about a 24 hour or so delay, certainly not lawsuit material." Where is this officially posted? Who posted that there was a technical issue? Where do you get your information from that you can freely give out this statement and it not be just misinformation to keep people quiet? And if you don't work for or in TT/SBTPG then why run your thumbs online to argue with people that want actual answers and not the bs you're doing responding back to any and every post you can throw your two cents in?

Anonymous
Not applicable

SBTPG March 18, 2022

It's been posted in several other places about the technical issue that was resolved a while ago. 

post in a public forum, and you invite replies.   Seriously, go complain somewhere else.  

SBTPG March 18, 2022

The purpose of this is to get an answer from people who can actually respond instead of a run around and lack of anything from phone/email. OBVIOUSLY you think you're safe throwing your second gut around to tell people "complain somewhere else". 

If you don't work FOR or IN either, then you should learn to keep your two unsuccessful cents to yourself. 

In all politeness go find a hobby that doesn't involve being an **bleep** online. 

👍

SBTPG March 18, 2022

Hey so i contacted the irs and after about an hour and a half i was connected to someone. I to filed with turbotax and have not received my money. on the irs website it says direct deposit on March 2, 2022. I contacted my bank they didnt receive anything. so the irs says to contact the bank turbo tax runs through and thats Santa Barbara. so I called this number[phone number removed] put in the information they asked me to and it said a bank printed check was printed on March 22. which is today. I was on hold for over an hour trying to talk to a live agent. no one answered.  idk what to believe, so I will be trying again tomorrow. hope this helps anyone.

SBTPG March 18, 2022

Same here, we finally got through to someone that sounded like they worked in the US, and not some outsourced call center or machine operated response. We stayed on the phone asking them to transfer us to someone that can actually tell us why. We were then able to speak with a representative that gave us a detailed explanation and what was done to correct the issue.

Hopefully you receive your taxes swiftly. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies