turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

barcs71

Saying invalid bank account number and routing number when confirming for the second time and they are correct. Have used tubrotax for 5 years same account number.

Ive never had this problem it even shows my routing number and bank account and I have a check in my hand confirming the numbers. The numbers are correct for some reason confirming them saying "Numbers do not Match" and wont let me continue. And they do match 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KaturahLO

Saying invalid bank account number and routing number when confirming for the second time and they are correct. Have used tubrotax for 5 years same account number.

Some customers have discovered that the routing number printed on their checks are not being accepted by the bank for direct deposits. Some banks use different routing numbers for electronic transactions and because direct deposits are electronic transactions, the routing number from the check will not work.

To resolve this issue, please contact your bank and ask for the correct ABA routing number to use for your state.

I've used Turbo_Tax over 20 years and today it kept telling me my routing and account numbers were invalid. I finally called the help line #[phone number removed] and was told to go into my windows computer settings and type "updates" in the search bar. Then to remove all the cookies and other data and do a windows update. This took several minutes. When it finished I rebooted the computer and restarted Turbo-Tax and it took my routing and account #'s without telling me they were invalid.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies