Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ex
Level 2

Return Status when you owe

I filed my taxes on April 5. I owe both to Federal and State. I received “Taxes Accepted” for both from Turbo Tax shortly after I filed on-line. State has collected the fund but not Federal. When I logon to IRS – they show no information for 2020. Should I worry that somehow my return did not go through or this is as long as it takes for them to collect

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have the exact same situation. Have used turbotax to file for many years but this is first time the fed payment was slow to send, but the state payment went right away. Is IRS just behind?

Where's My Refund is only if you are getting a refund, not if you owe taxes.  Also see:

IRS Computers Are Behind On Debiting Scheduled Payments (forbes.com)

MJB01

I think the IRS is way behind. This happened to me except it went really wrong. I called TurboTax to inquire because State debited right away and no Federal. I was told I had to pay the IRS directly; even though I swore I paid when I filed.

Hopped over to the IRS site, paid and then 2 days later, another debit - I assume from my TurboTax payment; 20 days after initial payment.

I am very annoyed to say the least, so my advice is just be patient and keep an eye out if you know you paid when you filed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies