Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Return Received

• After my return was received turbo tax gave me a est. Refund date for which the day of I checked  the status of my refund easily and conveniently with the IRS ( Where's My Refund ) tool at IRS.gov/refunds 
  • it says "we received your tax return and are reviewing it for accuracy. This review may take up to 60 days. You are not required to send us anything at this time and contacting us will not accelerate the processing of your return. We understand your tax refund is very important and are working to complete our review as quickly as possible. You can continue to check back here for the most up to date information about your refund "  .. it's almost been sixty days and I haven't received a letter or anything, I am a victim of identity theft and the IRS sent me a Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) , which prevents someone else from filing a tax return using your Social Security (SSN) number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) which someone  was doing BUT  does it take longer now that the IRS has identified identify theft and every year I will get a IP PIN and if its failed  to be used it will reject  or delay .... .. 
  • Does anyone has this problem.. .. 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Return Received

TurboTax never says your refund was "approved."     TurboTax tells you the return was "accepted"---do not confuse those two words--they do not mean the same thing.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2840013-does-accepted-mean-my-refund-is-approved

Only the IRS can give "approval" of your refund, and it seems they have not yet approved it.   TurboTax gets no information after you file your return and the IRS accepts it for processing.   Only the IRS is in control now.   Your information will only come from the IRS.   Frustrating as it is, you have to wait for the IRS.  If you want to contact them you can.

To  call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies