Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ecole118

Rejection

my 2017 and 2018 rejected 2017 says i owe 92 and 2018 says i owe 1320 its a thousand and i sent them both certified.My question is were the rejected cause of the non payment and if i pay the 92 for 2017 will i still have too file again or itll be on record after i pay im confused on all this ive never ever had this done too me ever before please help me too get this under control i havent had income taxes in years please help me Eric cole thanks

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Rejection

What did you send certified?  The tax returns?  Did you send both years or both federal and state?  Did you send each year in a separate envelope?  Hopefully you did.

Then you still need to pay the tax due for each year?  You didn't send a check with the returns?  Just pay the tax due.  You don't need to send the returns again.  You can pay directly online at 

Https://www.irs.gov/payments  pay each year separately.

Then what do you mean it's a thousand?  You said you owe 92 and 1320.  

ecole118

Rejection

92 was supposedly for 2017 and im assuming the rest is for 2018 

Rejection

Each year is separate.  The 92 is not part of the 2018 1320 amount.  Although for 2018 at the end Turbo Tax does show you the federal and state combined.  So you need to look at the actual 1040 return to see the tax due.  

How did you do 2017?  When?  Did you use the online version LAST year before Oct 15, 2018 before online shut down?  Or did you use the Desktop program?

This year in 2019 the Online version is only for 2018 returns.  Hopefully you didn't use online this year for 2017.

nm5001

Rejection

Hi , I am deaf adult person , they saying my return taxes rejected I looked up and it's saying my spouse need pin numbers and my husband havent get kind of pin numbers before so wonder can they send my husband pin numbers so I can get my taxes done ..  Can you help with this ?? Please email back to me so I could get all info done and have my taxes check  thanks again 

Rejection

You only need the PIN number to efile.  It is too late to efile.  You have to print and mail it now.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return.  Don’t forget state.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies