Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

PallettM
Returning Member

Rejected due to form 8962, corrected through turbotax, but IRS is saying they never received it.

So I filed my tax return - married and joint. My first try got rejected because my husband was supposed to have a form 1095-A, so same day it got rejected I did a little digging found the form followed instructions corrected returns and then it got accepted. We received our State return in no time. But the issue is the federal it's been about 4 weeks since the corrected forms was sent through turbotax and was accepted there. 

Been checking the IRS tracking tool - My husbands information is throwing up a it's taking longer to process tax topic 152, refund information. But when I type in my info it just says still processing (only noticed the difference because this is my first year being married so I would fill out my info, and my husband did the same with his). 

Called IRS today 3/7, and IRS person said they had never received a form 8962, so after they hung up I looked up the form and realized that all that looked familiar. Looked at my turbotax documents and sure enough it was there. So I called them back and after about 1hr of holding and going back and forth I got the "well I don't know if they got the form, its still processing, so it'll take 120 days", so I explained the nice lady (she really was nice) that I'm looking at the forms that was submitted and accepted, and the form you guys are saying I am missing is right here. She didn't know what to say and that was the end of the conversation. 

Did anyone else go through something similar? My first time filing joint, and I'm freaking out!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Rejected due to form 8962, corrected through turbotax, but IRS is saying they never received it.

not much you can do. for whatever reason, the IRS is taking longer than normal to process your return. they probably have the form since the return was accepted. only the IRS can tell you the reason for the delay, you can try calling back in say a week to see if more info can be provided. do not mention the 8962. 

Ok ... the person you talked to probably misunderstood as you did NOT send the 8962  AFTER filing on the request of the IRS but instead the original return was rejected and you fixed it and resubmitted it WITH the 8962. 

Since the IRS does have your return as evidenced by the state return being efiled successfully (state could not be accepted before the fed return) then all you can do is wait for the return to process.   Check the IRS tool every couple of days for a progress report :  https://www.irs.gov/refunds

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies