Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

My return was accepted on January 17th I paid the extra $40 for early filing just to find out about the EIC not until February 15th I'm hearing all kinds of crazy things of due dates will be by the 22nd released but payments not until March some people are saying they've already received due dates do we get our $40 back from TurboTax since we couldn't be early filers

Refund

@Prousma30 wrote:

My return was accepted on January 17th I paid the extra $40 for early filing just to find out about the EIC not until February 15th I'm hearing all kinds of crazy things of due dates will be by the 22nd released but payments not until March some people are saying they've already received due dates do we get our $40 back from TurboTax since we couldn't be early filers

There is no option or payment for early filing.  You could e-file a 2019 tax return at any time using TurboTax after January 4, 2020 with no e-file fees using the online editions.  The TurboTax account fees are for the use of the software to assist in completing a tax return.  The fees are the same whether a tax return is e-filed or printed. 

What you are probably referring to is the $40 service charge to have your TurboTax account fees paid from the federal tax refund.

Filing a tax return early provides no benefit whatsoever.  The IRS did not start accepting tax returns for processing until January 27, 2020.

If your tax return included the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and/or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) then see this IRS website for information on receiving a federal tax refund - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

Refund

They did not explain to you what the error was? Usually if there is an error on your return they could place it under review which could run roughly 60 days.. Whoever you spoke with should have been very detailed about what the error was on your return because I was told the irs does not correct returns the taxpayer has to amend the return..

Shemed

Refund

I am experiencing the same problem. I'm so stinkin mad I could scream. I have been waiting since the 20th of January and nothing. I will never use Turbo Tax again and I will talk a lot of crap about them too. I have no idea what is going on and am in a hell of a predicament because of it. Im sure they say its on the IRS but I have a feeling Turbo Tax did something wrong. I hope you get your money ASAP.

Refund

It's not turbo tax everyone is having the same stupid ass problem I got friends that use hr block and Jackson Hewitt and they are going through the same garbage

Refund

I’m not understanding why it’s  taking so long they don’t hesitate to take our money out our checks so give me what’s owed to me and I shouldn’t have to wait they don’t  .. I have **bleep** to do 

Refund

Did anyone apply for the rapid loan and if so did you get it ? 

Refund

I'm with you I totally agree 100%

Refund

I have the same exact situation with my taxes the same dates and everything 

Refund

I’m hoping they update the ddd and I get mines in the 25th 

Refund

Supposed to be one on the 22nd ...... From what I hear

Refund

Yes the same thing happened to me and no change at all.

Refund

Where’s my earned income tax credit (EITC) refund?

In January, 2020, the IRS reported that tax return refunds which included the earned income tax credit (EITC) would not be sent until around March 2nd, 2020. Early filers would have to wait until that date until they would receive a direct deposit of their expected refund.

On February 13, 2020, the IRS announced that, on February 22nd, it expects to be able to tell taxpayers with EITC refunds when their refund will show up. Translation: the IRS “Where’s my refund?” online tool will have information about the expected date of the refund on February 22nd. The IRS has not changed it’s position that refunds should arrive on or around March 2nd.

As we reported in past posts, we likely can see these refunds show up earlier than March 2nd. Most IRS refunds by direct deposit usually show up within 10 days. EITC filers must wait for their refunds until after February 15th as a result of a law passed in 2015 to delay refunds on EITC amounts. The refund delay helps the IRS stop fraudulent refunds from being issued to identity thieves by allowing the IRS additional time to validate the return.

EITC filers who file in early February and do not get their refund by early March should check “Where’s my refund?” for more information. To use this online tool at IRS.gov, the taxpayer must have their Social Security number, filing status and the exact whole dollar amount of their refund.

If there are delays in the refund, it may be a sign of potential issues with the IRS such as prior EITC discrepancies, prior year tax debt, unfiled returns, or refunds used to pay non-tax debts that are collected through refund offsets. In these cases, the taxpayer will need to contact the IRS for more information about the refund delay or offset.

Refund

My taxes have come on the 22 for years.. I'm so used as to what going on 

Refund

Yea they're full of it. Love taking their sweet time refunding folks money but if you owe them they're on your back like the white on rice. Even got the nerve to charge late fees and penalties. I have been filing eic now for 10 years straight (daughter is 10) with the same job at the same time with the same direct deposit info. Common sense should tell them it's me...😒

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies