turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

uckylop
Returning Member

Refund

I actually went threw ya whole exact process however I actually spoke to a advocater told me to give her until the twenty fifth because she asked the irs to release my return a week later still no updates n still no money I filed on the 30 of January 

Refund

So what the is going on my refund..I got a letter March 12 stating my refund is on hold..i callrd the irs and they told me the same things and it could take up to 60 days and also told me i didnt habe to do any on my side...okay then what the **bleep** is the hold up with my refund..will i actually get it before the 60 days or is this some **bleep**ing game.

Tydeeka

Refund

When do states come out

Refund

So my transcripts say March 23rd and still nothing 

Refund

Anyone been under a income verification? They told me today when I called they were just verifying my income and needed nothing from me and it's not an audit. I was audited in 2018 for my 2017 taxes and it took me 19 months to get my Money. I got 2018 taxes before getting my 2017 taxes. I'm hoping this income verification isn't gonna take much longer because we're already struggling from this virus going around. It's been 43 days since I filed 

Refund

My transcripts, at first kept saying “refund freeze” 3/2 and reviewing account 3/2, etc. Now it says “refund freeze removed” 4/6 and review complete 3/14, deposit sent 4/6, or something like that... 

Refund

My transcripts, at first kept saying “refund freeze” 3/2 and reviewing account 3/2, etc. Now it says “refund freeze removed” 4/6 and review complete 3/14, deposit sent 4/6, or something like that.

Refund

State refunds in the past took a little longer, but this year everyone I know got theirs earlier, by mid feb, if you filed at the end of JAN or early feb... But if you owe anything like court fines, traffic tickets, child support or restitution fees, or anything to the state or local judicial system, they will garnish your state income tax refund, and usually will send you a letter to let you know... 

Refund

Another person on this feed was saying that they told her that her w2 was never sent by her employer, and she didn’t understand why it wasn’t, because none of her co-workers had a problem with their refund, etc... But I guess she notified her payroll department, they re-sent it and a week later she got her refund approved. So idk depends on your situation. It’s all I’ve heard based on that particular criteria... Hope this helps, thanks 

BMA1
Level 3

Refund

I electronically filed on February 27.  I received the "great news" text on February 28 for both state and federal and it said to look for an email confirmation.  I finally received that on March 6th for both state and federal.  So...I received my state refund (direct deposited about a week after I got the email confirmation) - Federal went from having the colored bar at the top (which showed return received) to no bar at the top and that my return is still being processed and a refund date will be provided when available....it has been that same message for about 8 days now.... other people who sent their returns via mail after I electronically filed have had their refund from federal already direct deposited.  Do I need to worry?  I mean I filed joint with my husband and we got the standard deduction.  

I know that there were critical updates with Turbo Tax AFTER I filed...how would a person know if their return was affected by these "critical updates"?

BMA1
Level 3

Refund

So..I tried to sign up for the transcripts and all went well until I had to put my mobile phone number in...they kept saying they could not verify it - I am the account holder on the phone and it is T-Mobile so not a weird carrier.  Told me I need to wait 10 days for a letter.  I decided to exit...but of course I had to put in something when they asked for mortgage number or credit card, etc...used my mortgage.  Do I have to worry about putting that in?  I made sure it was a secure site.

Geez....All I wanted to do was find out the hold-up on my federal refund...do any of you recommend calling?

Refund

My sister in law had an issue when she entered her mortgage account number also, and she was never able to get on the site to view her transcripts either.. I think it’s just the site (maybe:/) my fiancé also had a problem when he entered his credit card, saying something about it not being valid, when it is, then we tried a different credit card and it said for him to call or request them to be mailed, or something like that. And both credit cards are in his name and in good current standings... I’m thinking, maybe, it wouldn’t let him because I was trying to do it through my phone, and they sent him the code, on his phone, and we entered it as so... But idk:/ after entering the rest of the info it said he couldn’t get transcripts online, blah blah blah.. But I was able to get on the site to view mine no problem, which I’d done a week or prior to him trying. 

Refund

the IRS online system is very picky ... it could be something as simple as your address ... on the return it says 1 main ST and you entered 1 main street on the transcript request and it did not match. 

BMA1
Level 3

Refund

I have been on with IRS for about an hour...super nice agent.  She looked over my return and is giving me a referral....not sure what that means.  I am guessing that she would be able to see if there was a "freeze" or something?   I will tell you I am a nervous wreck!!

BMA1
Level 3

Refund

..And an Update ---

Apparently I will be receiving "a letter" in the next 4 weeks or so.  She couldn't tell me what was in the letter because she said she hasn't seen the letter.  She reviewed my return and didn't see anything "good or bad", but told me the letter could be just saying they are reviewing the return, need more info, etc.   She just couldn't see what it said.

I have never had this happen before.  I thought Turbo Tax was thorough....guess not??

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies