Refund ststus

thebradyparker20

Refund ststus

I filed my taxs on the 2/27 when I use the where is my refund website it tell me they can't locate my refund that I don't have one. But when I login in to turbo tax it shows my refund amount and my accepted date what should I do 

csdsjpd30

Refund ststus

They can’t locate it because it has not been processed yet. It’s taking anywhere from 10- weeks til mid summer. They just released a statement a few days ago saying some will be processed anywhere until mid summer because of the back log. Don’t worry or fret. You just have to wait. We are all in the same boat here.

thebradyparker20

Refund ststus

My gf just did hers on the 12th and she's getting hers back on the 4th

csdsjpd30

Refund ststus

That’s awesome. I wish the rest of us could say the same. I filed end of January and I’m still waiting. As I said TT messed up on a bunch and I mean a bunch of ours.

Just hang in there. Once the IRS has it, all we can do is wait. We are on their time now.

trgribbin

Refund ststus

Mine was accepted on 2/11/2021and it has been 41 days and the IRS says it is still being processed.  Is this due to Turbotax or the backlog at the IRS?  Any attempt to actually talk to someone at the IRS has been futile.  It would bee nice to get some response form the IRS or Turbotax that it is taking a lot longer than normal.

ChondelLO

Refund ststus

@trgribbin Please visit the What to Expect for Refunds This Year Help article from the IRS website for more information regarding refund timing.

trgribbin

Refund ststus

Yes I'm aware of all the links available to the IRS.  After over 40 days I still get my "still being processed" when I check 'Where's My Refund'.  I see nothing in Topic 152 that applies to me.  My return was accepted by the IRS on 2/11/2021.  I just want to know what the problem is....  And just how do I speak to a representative?  

csdsjpd30

Refund ststus

Don’t even waste your time. I’ve spent weeks and countless hours trying to get through. Maybe I can answer your questions. First check your returns , was something out in for line 30 that shouldn’t have been? 

trgribbin

Refund ststus

Yes I thought that.  TurboTax said I was entitled to stimulus money that I did not get.  I followed their instructions and entered the amount on line 30.  I trust TurboTax to lead me through this, I didn't know otherwise.

ThomasM125

Refund ststus

If you didn't receive all of the stimulus money you were entitled to from the first two payments, that amount will appear on line 30 of your form 1040 as a recovery rebate credit. 

TurboTax has no authority to check on the status of your stimulus check or troubleshoot problems with it with the IRS. For privacy and security reasons, you are the only one who can do that. You can call the IRS at 1-800-919-9835 to check on the processing of your stimulus check.

You can also check online by using this link:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

trgribbin

Refund ststus

My concern is not with the stimulus check, it is with my Tax Refund... Question is:  If putting an amount on line 30 of the 1040, would that cause issues with the IRS and therefore cause a delay in my refund??

csdsjpd30

Refund ststus

That is exactly what I am saying. Line 30 was automatically put in for EVERYONE that filed with TT. We are all waiting. Because they returns have to be manually processed it’s obviously going to take more time. When I found out about this, I checked my returns and sure enough line 30 is filled out. So, my refunds taking longer to get and going to be $1,000 less than TT told me.

csdsjpd30

Refund ststus

Your tax refund has everything to do with the past stimulus checks

DawnC

Refund ststus

It could.   If you claimed the recovery rebate on Line 30, but the IRS shows payments made and/or cashed - they will review your tax return.   If your tax return has been processing over 21 days, they will send you a notice if they need more information.   They may be reviewing your recovery rebate or something else entirely.   @trgribbin

Line 30 was not automatically filled in for EVERYONE that filed with TurboTax.   TurboTax calculated the amount you should have received and then asked you for the amount of both payments that you received.   If you told TurboTax that you received LESS than what you qualified for, the shorted amount was put on Line 30.   @csdsjpd30

And your stimulus check is not dependent on the recovery rebate you claimed on your 2020 return.   They will use banking and address information from the most recently filed return to issue the 3rd stimulus but the amount on Line 30 does not affect the amount of your 3rd payment.  

csdsjpd30

Refund ststus

Not true at all. I never claimed the recovery rebate and neither did hundreds of others that line 30 is filled out for. I was informed it was an error within the app. You haven’t seen all the other comments and discussions about this? I should NOT have had anything on line 30. Are you the one that did our taxes? No. It was a hiccup within the app. A hiccup that we are paying for.