Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bennyj2627
Returning Member

Refund rejected,and ssn wont register for stimulus get my payment??

I've been trying to figure this out. Like I filed early and did the credit tax for the stimulus then I got the check after I filed and cashed it. Now I figured it would deduct from the balance in my taxes. The irs can trace that I cashed it. And my agi went to 0? Ssn won't work either??

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It sounds like you already filed your income tax return and indicated that you did not receive the 2nd stimulus payment.  As such, you were entitled to the Recovery Rebate Credit and received a refund.  But it sounds like you later received the check for your 2nd stimulus payment so you tried to adjust your return that you already filed.

If that is correct, you cannot make the changed in the tax return in TurboTax as the return was already filed and accepted by the IRS.  Therefore, you account will show $0 within TurboTax as the return has already been sent off and processed.  Your Social Security would also be rejected since your return was already electronically filed using your number and can only be used one time per year.

However, since you did receive the 2nd stimulus, you will be notified by the IRS for any changes in your tax return.  There may be a delay in processing your return while the IRS reconciles the amounts.  You do not need to file an amended return.  Please see the link below for additional information.

Correcting Recovery Rebate Credits on returns already filed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bennyj2627
Returning Member

What about my stimulus it says it's going to my chime acct. But has no date yet on the get my payment tool. ?🤔🤔 thank you for the first answer to my question. 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

The third stimulus payment should be on its way in the coming weeks.

For more information, see: IRS, Treasury disbursed 90 million Economic Impact Payments from the American Rescue Plan

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies