Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund not showing on IRS website

My refund on turbo tax shows it was approved on January 27 but on the IRS where’s my refund they say there’s nothing filed with my information

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-accepted-mean/00/26285

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

FINALLY!! I've asked this same question everywhere, and scoured comments... Thank you, thank YOU EbonyL122824 for a solid response! 

cmk12200

@EbonyL122824 is it normal for it not to show on the IRS site after filing 1/30 and being accepted according to turbo on 2/3? Looking on the IRS site it tells me my refund for 2019 hasn't been processed yet, it has been well over 21 days.

1Aadyn1957
Returning Member

I did my taxes through turbo I was approved on the 23rd

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@1Aadyn1957 It sounds like your refund was "Accepted" by the IRS on 1/23. Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days after being accepted, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process. Turbotax gives an estimated date based on the IRS's 21 day timeframe. So it all depends on the IRS and how fast your tax return moves along in the system. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS.

Keep in mind:

• E-filing status is what stage of the process your return is in. (e-file status)
  • Refund status is when you can expect you refund. If that’s what you’re interested in, go to Where's My Refund?
  • The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

What does your status show on the Where's My Refund? site? This would be the most up to date information.  Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

If your status is processing, during processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies