turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund held

I've been dealing with a disaster since 2020. I filed my taxes with Jackson Hewitt on Feb 2020 in March 2020 I was selected for EIC audit. Nothing changed on my filings vs the last year. Then Corona hit I was unable to contact anyone until Jan 2021 and was asked for documents which I've sent multiple times now still nothing. I was assigned a tax advocate and they did nothing closed my case without notifying me. I had it reopened dealing with the IRS directly now but my other taxes are all the n hold no refunds since my 2019 filings. My 2020,2021,2022 were all rejected until the issue from 2019 is fixed. I didn't receive any of my child credits in 2020. I'm really behind on a lot of bills and don't know what to do. Any advice because it's 3 years worth of refunds being held and I've did everything the IRS has ask. I'm told everytime I call give us a little more time. Is it normal to take 3+ years to get this kind of thing straight? I'm owed 6600, 12350 and 8800 for my returns and haven't received a penny. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Refund held

You have 4 options ... make an appointment at the local IRS office,  call the number on the notice, contact the taxpayer advocate office  or  seek local professional help from a tax attorney.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Refund held

Here's one other option. Since the 2019 tax return that Jackson Hewitt prepared seems to be the root of the problem, go back to Jackson Hewitt and ask them to straighten it out.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies