It depends on if your return has been efiled and accepted or not.
If your return is still in progress:
- Login to your Turbo Tax online account.
- Click File, then Revisit in the Step 2 section
- In the How would you like to get your federal refund? screen, click In my Bank
- Click Continue
In the Let's get your bank account info screen:
- Ensure the box underneath the account info stating I want my refund deposited into this account is unchecked.
- Scroll down and click Continue.
- A page will display that says, Let's get your bank account info.
- Enter your new or updated account info you want your 2016 refund deposited in to.
If your return has been accepted by the IRS:
It is not possible to change your checking account or routing number information because it has already been processed.
What you can do:
- If the bank account you entered is closed, the deposit will be rejected and sent back to the IRS. They will print and mail a check to the address listed on your return.
- If the banking information you originally entered was wrong, most likely the direct deposit will be rejected and it will be sent back to the IRS and they will in turn print and mail a check to the address listed on your return.
- If the banking information you originally entered was in someone else's name, the direct deposit may be rejected and sent back to the IRS. The IRS will print and mail a check to the address listed on your return.
If a significant amount of time has passed and your refund has still not been returned to the IRS, you can file Form 3911Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund to request a trace on the refund with the IRS. This usually takes 90 days to complete.