Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund approved then rejected

What do I do, my taxes were accepted and approved and got sent. I had received it on my account then the following  morning it got taken away saying name was mismatch. Note I filled married jointly with my husband and got deposited on his account. We doubled checked the information and everything was ok. What do I do now ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS compares the information entered on your return to the information they have in their database and when something is missing or not an exact match, your return gets rejected. The below TurboTax Help Article will assist you in fixing this type of rejection. 

How do I fix e-file reject F8962-070?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

it's not clear. it could be the refund was approved but things did not quite match on the DD account listed and the electronically submitted refund. if so, then the refund went back to the IRS. you'll get a paper check in the mail. there is no way to fix this to get an electronic deposit.    there is a difference between a return being rejected and thus needing correction to file and a refund electronically sent when the processor/bank thinks things don't match and sends the refund back to the IRS.   things like bad name, a/c or routing number.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies