turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund Advance

The phone number for assistance with the temporary card is 888-285-4169. 

For TurboTax customer service here's instructions on how to reach someone https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund Advance

It really wasn't a denial email. It was a email from green dot that said, "As a reminder, your Turbo℠ Visa® Debit Card, issued by Green Dot Bank¹, will arrive soon. Although you were not approved for a Refund Advance, your refund amount, less any applicable fees and the cost of any products or services agreed to, will be loaded onto your card when the IRS or state tax authorities distributes your refund" I recieved it yesterday

Refund Advance

@nataliecasto99 

This is the same email I received, and I got it BEFORE my taxes were even accepted by the IRS. So I just wish someone could tell me if that email is the actual denail or if its some BS auto sent by GreenDot. DOES ANYONE KNOW??

I'm getting so frustrated and calling was no help, she barely spoke English. Did not know what I was asking, kept telling me 21 days. When I finally got her to understand I was asking about the ADVANCE she said I was approved and give it 48 hours. I still honestly don't know if that is accurate or not and wish I could know. 

So if anyone else got the email from green dot but still got an advance please let us little people know so we can stop worrying. 

rjgr54

Refund Advance

Wont be able to get refund advance even though was approved and got the card. My return has been rejected. Have called turbo for help 4 times and nothing worked. Now I have to mail 

Refund Advance

Our joint return (with EIC) was accepted by the IRS on Monday evening and today we finally received our Advance. 

Never received any approval email but my Green Dot account shows they already mailed our debit card and it should be here any day now. 

Slightly annoyed that the card is only issued for one filer on joint returns but whatever. 

Refund Advance

Still nothing, no advance, no denial letter 

Refund Advance

@nataliecasto99 @I spoke to the bank directly and the denial takes 30 days. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies