Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ashtinj1
Returning Member

Refund accepted on Jan 29th but still waiting.

Today is February 25th, I checked the where’s my refund tool and it says tax topic 152 PATH, I know that is normal. I already received my state return forever ago. My filed my taxes and then my ex boyfriend’s taxes on the same day. He has already received his on the 19th and I’m still waiting. He also had EITC. I did claim a new dependent that I was obligated to claim. I also have a small business, but I had a small business last year as well. Please ease my mind. I saw that the where’s my refund tool is unavailable between the time of 12am-7pm on Sunday’s. Do you think it will update after 7pm? I just went through a really nasty break up and I need this, like everyone else in the world needs their taxes. I believe it was the plus that I used. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

You are always going to find someone else whose refund arrived faster, and someone who waited even longer than you.  That is the way it goes. Returns are not processed “first in — first out.”

You know that the IRS has your tax return and you know they are working on it.   You cannot speed them up.  Sadly, even though you need the refund, the answer is still going to be that you have to wait for the IRS to finish processing your return.   The refund site updates daily, so you can check it tonight or tomorrow.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Ashtinj1
Returning Member

Thank you for your answer. I wouldn’t be as worried if I didn’t just lose a 2nd income. 

Ashtinj1
Returning Member

Should I be worried though?

There are a LOT of people who have the PATH delay, and apparently you know that you are one of them.   If you are getting EIC or the additional child tax credit, the IRS holds your refund and does not release it until the law allows.   If your refund is being delayed for some other reason there may be a message on the refund site.  If the IRS needs additional information from you they will request it in a letter.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Ashtinj1
Returning Member

The link is broken.

I noticed that and edited the reply.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies