Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 15

Recovery Rebate Credit

" The IRS didn't send me the correct stimulus payments for E1 & E2 so I claimed the amounts on Line 30."


You can't do that.

You can only put the difference between what you got and what you are eligible for.

Returning Member

Recovery Rebate Credit

I need to clarify. Yes I put the difference not the full amounts.

Level 15

Recovery Rebate Credit

@vickyc1   To dispute the IRS adjustment you must respond in writing.

Start your letter with "I dispute your adjustment of <date>". and any reference numbers.

Actually, the IRS letter should tell you what to do.


It would help a lot to present all your evidence and/or documentation as well.

IRS is way behind on processing paper correspondence.


There is no need to get through on the telephone.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings