Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Received 1099Composite for 2023 for my deceased cousin who passed in 2022 w/her SS on it. Payer will not change/correct the SS number to me as I am her heir. I do need to file an estate return because of her 2022 state refund - how do I handle this 1099?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Received 1099Composite for 2023 for my deceased cousin who passed in 2022 w/her SS on it. Payer will not change/correct the SS number to me as I am her heir. I do need to file an estate return because of her 2022 state refund - how do I handle this 1099?

No, you do not need to file an estate return for a 1099-G for a state refund she received in 2023.  If her final return did not use itemized deductions, then there is nothing you need o do with a state tax refund reported on the composite document.  You can keep it in your file with notes.

If you have more questions, please place them here and we will help.  I am sending my sympathies to you and your family.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

(Deleted....re-read the post.....I need to slow down)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies