turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

#WMR2019

@kanisha0418  Girl keep trying let me know how it goes I have given up. I think they notated my account that I have tried calling in without the letter. So, I'm doomed until it arrives also, you are right about @Critter  the IRS does not pay her a iron dime to get on her and pos that crap. Because at a time like this none of that is helping us like really who cares what issues they are having. It is no issue when they take our money every pay period. PERIODT!!! 

#WMR2019

First I do not advocate for the IRS ... but I can post their position matter of factually.

Some of the information presented here is a bit misleading and false so don't blame anyone who tries to post some facts.   From time to time on these long posts there seems to be a need of a bit of reality  among all the speculation and conjecture.  For those of you who don't like my posts just ignore them as I am not writing to you.  I take offence that you are belittling my efforts at educating some posters who have questions or concerns.  

Next ... I don't let the IRS have one dime before they must have it.  If you owe you don't have to worry about a refund.

Next ... to anyone who has excess withholding you have only yourself to blame  ... you have the power to stop or adjust  it anytime so you are not waiting for your money to be refunded at the end of the year.  When you overpay you are voluntarily giving the IRS an interest free loan ... so adjust your withholding so you don't give them your hard earned money for no reason. 

And lastly ... to those getting the refundable credits ... since this is a high fraud issue don't blame the IRS for trying to stop the $1.3 billion in fraudulent refunds  from being paid out with extra precautions that may slow down your refund.  Until large refundable credits (and the speed of efiling)  came into being,  fraudulent returns were far and few between not done in the millions that are seen today in the early season... this is the sad world we live in now. 

#WMR2019

@Critter yeah we still don't care, we just want our money ! And @adw89 this basically is a waiting game,  but I know it shouldn't take until March 5th to get a letter that was mailed out on February 20th, I went from checking my mailbox once a week till checking it once a day lol.

#WMR2019

@kanisha0418 EXACTLLY!! It shouldn't at all I'm praying for Monday and tomorrow or Saturday will be even better. Girl, checking it everyday what about signing up for USPS informed delivery service, the send me an email every morning if I have any expected mail coming for the day.

#WMR2019

@adw89 Yeah I'm signed up for the notifications about mail, I get it every morning and check my mail and it be BILLS, like they really just need to notify us when it's something important lol, like IRS letters, anything else I don't want to be notified about right now lol.

#WMR2019

@kanisha0418  I'm telling ya!!😁

#WMR2019

@adw89 @kanisha0418 girls I’m dying at y’all lmao. I wish we could all get together. I’m still waiting too with fingers crossed for us to just update and get a **bleep** DDD already!! I called tax advocate here in FL since I’m getting the runaround as well. Like how you going to tell me my refund processed a while back but it needs review until May!?!? Like come on. And yeah fraud is everywhere these days, it sucks but again not our problem! They will continue to pay out billions in fraud unfortunately and us innocent hard working Americans will continue to deal with the consequences. They need some serious upgrading to this process... 

#WMR2019

@drj311  I swear, you did the right thing I tried reaching out to the TA yesterday as well but the couldn't help me until I verify. Which is backwards as hell because everytime I call they ask for my personal information how bogus is that. You are so right fraud is committed every minute in this country and most of it will never be caught. That does not mean the low income families should have to suffer. I guess that is what @Critter  wanted to hear. YES, I am considered low-income in the government's eyes but I bring my *** bleep*** to work everyday Mon-Fri. To make a way for my kids and my household where the HELL is the government then. Those are facts not articles just because I don't meet the income criteria of the government does not mean I am looking for handouts our trying to fraud the BIGGEST FRAUD IN U.S. HISTORY OUR "GOVERNMENT"! and so if they want to give out credits to families who don't meet their criteria then so be it. I'll take it I don't turn down money it does NOT MATTER if I am poor or rich.

#WMR2019

@adw89 @drj311 @kanisha0418  I do hope you all get yours soon smh it rly sucks... my bf is being audited 😔 hope everything goes smooth after they review all the documents 

#WMR2019

@kanisha0418  Good Morning Girl, My letter is on the way today. I got the email this morning from informed delivery. Have you checked yours. So, ANYONE else who is waiting on mail from the IRS it took a total of 8 days for my mail to come.

#WMR2019

@adw89 Is it just me or does everything involving the IRS take forever? I know snail mail is slow but GEEZ 8 days?!?! I'm waiting on a supposed letter as well but it wont go out until 3-9... And I asked if I'm being audited, do I need to ID verify and I was told no twice.. I just have to wait for them to review...Like just give me my refund already lol.

#WMR2019

@drj311 I think that is ridiculous why would they wait so long to send out something. I know what you are going through those 8 days of waiting has driven me crazy. Do you know why you are being reviewed.

#WMR2019

@adw89 Nope. I asked three different reps lol two out of the three just basically said because of the credits they have to review to make sure  everything matches. Like my info been the same for years now. I’m literally in the dark. One rep said wait until the first week of March that’s when they will release refunds with credits but that’s a lie because we have seen people getting paid already. Just a bunch of lies. I’m hoping the tax advocate can help me get it fast. Like  sometime in March would be great 😫

#WMR2019

@adw89 My mail may take longer because I recently moved and got my mail forwarded. But let me use your control number after you verify yours lol . And @drj311 yes we all going to get ours in March , it’s okay because when we get ours everyone else going to already have spent all they money 😂😂😂, so just look at it on the bright side . And definitely get you a tax advocate they really do help.

#WMR2019

Hey family is there any updates @kanisha0418 @drj311 did y’all get your refund or let alone the letter

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies