After you file

First I do not advocate for the IRS ... but I can post their position matter of factually.

Some of the information presented here is a bit misleading and false so don't blame anyone who tries to post some facts.   From time to time on these long posts there seems to be a need of a bit of reality  among all the speculation and conjecture.  For those of you who don't like my posts just ignore them as I am not writing to you.  I take offence that you are belittling my efforts at educating some posters who have questions or concerns.  

Next ... I don't let the IRS have one dime before they must have it.  If you owe you don't have to worry about a refund.

Next ... to anyone who has excess withholding you have only yourself to blame  ... you have the power to stop or adjust  it anytime so you are not waiting for your money to be refunded at the end of the year.  When you overpay you are voluntarily giving the IRS an interest free loan ... so adjust your withholding so you don't give them your hard earned money for no reason. 

And lastly ... to those getting the refundable credits ... since this is a high fraud issue don't blame the IRS for trying to stop the $1.3 billion in fraudulent refunds  from being paid out with extra precautions that may slow down your refund.  Until large refundable credits (and the speed of efiling)  came into being,  fraudulent returns were far and few between not done in the millions that are seen today in the early season... this is the sad world we live in now.