turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Will my stimulus check be direct deposited onto my TurboTax card?

Unofficially, I have heard that from clients.  However, the official word is:  We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

The IRS is preparing Websites to update information and check your filing status.

Please read what it says on the right hand side where it says “Filers: Get Your Payment”

Get Your Payment Status

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How can you say your compiis still waiting for a response from the IRS?! What they just passing you by?? People are already getting paid and the turbo tax "experts" have no answers but that same sorry answer...We are still waiting for IRS to respond, good you keep waiting instead of just being honest and say we messed up with sbtpg smh your company stocks will be dropping as we speak no offence to you John the "expert" start looking for a new job asap ... SMMFH

I am considered an essential worker, so I am still working. My hours, however, were cut drastically due to the pandemic, so I cannot file for unemployment. I really need the $1200 payment just to survive. All I need to know is : will my $1200 stimulus payment be direct deposited onto my TurboTax debit card that my Taxes were Direct Deposited onto? Yes or No. The money is moving and I don't know how I'm going to get it or what to do until I get an answer to this question.

Driftwood

I'm in the same exact boat as you and can't get a straight answer either

When will you guys know you keep saying the same thing it’s been 2 days still no word ? 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

For the majority of prepaid debit card holders there is nothing more to do as the stimulus payment will be deposited to their account. For any TurboTax customer that no longer has access to their debit card, we encourage them to visit https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com. We're committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible.

Stimulus on the TurboTax Card

I have been having my paychecks deposited on my turbo tax card for about 2 months now. It is the same acct# and routing number as is on my 1040..i dont see why it wont work.

How about instead of waiting on the IRS, you start asking? Like me filing for a job and instead of calling them after 2 weeks for an update, I just keep waiting until they call me instead which can go on forever when I could of gotten my answer days sooner. Do some actual ground work and find out instead of waiting. Hate companies who aren't persistent especially during a crisis when majority of people already getting their deposits. Makes you feel if there is dirt in TT closet that we don't know about and they're trying to figure it out without the public knowing.

Debit cards that are used by many tax preparation companies such as H&R Block and Intuit’s TurboTax as well as the Direct Express programs do qualify to receive these direct payments. That’s because these cards (H&R Block’s Emerald Card, Direct Express and TurboTax’s debit card) are linked to an actual bank account (with routing numbers) and all should qualify for the economic stimulus direct payment. This is relatively new information.

I looked on sbtpg and their page says they will have nothing to do with the stimulus payments and that if you got a card issued by them you will get a check. This is stupid!!

It's beyond stupid it's just BULL**bleep**

KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is still waiting on guidance from the IRS to determine what types of financial accounts stimulus payments will be directly deposited into. Please view this IRS link and use the Get Your Payment application, available mid-April, to check the status of your stimulus payment and update your direct deposit information if applicable.

It doesn't let us check. Only ones that haven't done their taxes yet can continue.

TurboTax does not handle your refund at all. Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC (SBTPGis the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service.

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

The IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit and is depositing some stimulus payments onto prepaid debit cards for filers that chose to receive their refund through that method.

For the majority of prepaid debit cardholders, there is nothing more to do as the stimulus payment will be deposited to their account. If your customer no longer has access to their debit card, we encourage them to visit https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com for assistance by logging in to their account or using the Self Help available.

@krenger666

Turbo debit card ban 2021?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies