Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is SBTPG holding refunds?

@chazzycakes83 I did the same. And my home state too. As well as, The California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, The IRS fraud and theft claims, the BBB (twice), and the Federal Reserve Board. They have had my return since 2-2-2022, and have been holding it from me since 2-16-2022. I have been told every excuse in their portfolio of lies. All documented. Next step is legal action. 

@Shay24 I share your sentiment towards this company and their gross business dealings against tax payers. It's despicable.  My guess is since they have been doing this for years now and no one has sued them to the point that is has actually hurt the company they figure they'll just keep on keeping on. I'm certain they are making a killing off of these nefarious practices. 

@Kenny H I gave them a trace number day 2 of talking to them and that was a month ago. Still nothing. These people are full of it.

They have 6 weeks to send it to the IRS or they can get in trouble by the irs with further action. I have a trace on mine and I’m waiting. Said it  could take up to 10 weeks but the irs said they do get the checks back 

That's so true.  One thing that's for sure, I won't use TurboTax again.  I've read some comments that some refunds were being held because of suspicious fraud.  Well TPG you all are the ones committing fraud, it's incredulous to me that you would try that lame excuse.  Anyway,  I still don't have my refund!!

If they have 6 weeks then I guess my check will finally be cut today. After weeks of help tickets and opening up something with the BBB mine finally changed from direct deposit to check- although the check date changes every day. 

but today would be week 6. So here’s to hoping 

Your check date changes every day on what? When you call SBTPG? Or when you check where’s my refund? 

And did you call the IRS and have them trace it? That’s what I had to do. Otherwise idk when they send it. 

When I contact SBTPG I haven’t contacted the IRS to Initiate a trace. At this point I feel like that will end up taking longer 

but ya never know. I just need it by October. 

@Kenny H Our stories are almost identical to the day. Only I started calling daily weeks ago. I have also filed several complaints with other agencies because the BBB is practically worthless. Every single day I call its a different story. They have had a check in the mail for weeks now. But when no check arrives I call and what do you know it was never sent. Shocker. File a complaint against the Federal Reserve Board against Greendot bank and SBTPG. Maybe if we put them on the boards radar enough something will actually happen for all of us. Taxpayers deserve better than this! I obvious we are going to have to fight for it, because these people don't seem to care at all about what they are doing to people.

@Kenny HSAME! I tired to give them the benefit of the doubt as well for days at a time. But mail doesn't travel that slow, lol. Still that in it of itself says a whole lot more about them than it does us. They just keep telling us the checks are coming. They know what they are doing, it is their intention all along and they are just counting on us to wait and wait and wait. And from what I've seen even when they do pay people it is often not for the amount they are actually owed. Their standard response to that seems to be, its and "offset" for fees owed to the IRS. I call BS on that too. 

Yea I saw that too. 

thankfully I know the full amount they sent to the bank I accidentally listed since I’ve been in contact with them. So if it’s anything less I know they skimmed 

@Miller118861 You should look up the lawsuits these companies have had against them. All this will seem a lot less surprising then.

@0Kathryn0 I couldn't agree with you more. And you are 1000% right, we as taxpayers should not have to go through this. Thats why I have been filing so many complaints with various agencies. I want this on the right persons radar to get resolution for all of us!

@Kenny H if you call the automated thing for SBTPG it tells you they sent a check but it’s always the date that you called. It’s all bs. I would call the IRS for a trace 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies