turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

macdst

Where can I check to see if my checking account is linked to the IRS so I get the stimulus check via direct deposit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Where can I check to see if my checking account is linked to the IRS so I get the stimulus check via direct deposit?

Have you filed your 2019 or 2018 tax return and was direct deposit information included on the tax return?

If so and that is still the correct bank account,  you don't need to do anything. 

If you didn't need to file a return, you can use this link to provide the IRS the banking information: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

If you filed a tax return but there was no direct deposit information on it or the bank account has changed, you will need to wait for the IRS to open an online portal for you to enter that information. See this:  https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

macdst

Thanks for the info. 

I read somewhere though if you had Turbo Tax take their fee from your return then it goes to a third-party bank then sent to you by Turbo Tax. According to what I've read, this may cause a problem because the IRS check wasn't directly deposited into your count. Therefore, your stimulus check would be mailed. 

it shows on 1040 if you view it under line 21B and 21D

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies