turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

Yea same and I wanna know how they came up with this number cause none of my stuff comes to that number with either one of my w2s and my 1099 is higher then the 13,256. So this makes no sense to me at all

That idk. All I know is what is happening with mine. Kristen.winegar.gmail.com I'll show you

I mean that will help speed up the process but when u go to go get social security it will screw u. Mine is short over 10k

Monty i called and they said it was processed yesterday and it will take 5 to 9 days to hit my bank

Like I said, if you want to email me I'll show you what they're seeing and how both the SS office and the IRS are involved. My assumption is the W3's that have been mailed in have not been entered and that's why it isn't showing. At least that's my situation. Out of 3 W2's I had, 2 were sent electronically and 1 was mailed. The 1 mailed is the same amount difference as what my AGI on my taxes minus what the SS office shows. That's all I know thus far. I've taken pictures of what the employer mails in and that's what I want to be seen.

Dogfan123 u got ur return ?

Kriswine bu none of mine actually add up. It’s saying 13,256 but the one w2 they said they have on file doesn’t even come close and when I add them they don’t even come close to that amount

@Dogfan123 did it update on the website yet ?

Ohh...okay. That's what is happening to my ex coworker and she's in the middle of filing for disability but they show she's only earned a small amount of money instead of what she's really earned even though she showed them her w2.

No but they said i should get my state tax next week sometime. No idea on fed.taxes yet

No it hasnt changed on the state site in weeks

Glad ur at least getting something back

I was just told by the irs managemdepartment that send stuff to ssa to not go by what in the system yet. Cause not all info will be in it until May @KrisWine. Just thought u might wanna know. And @Ss4911 and anyone else looking on the ssa site. I would recommend not going on it. Till May

I am glad to finally get an answer after weeks of nothing.lol

I feel like we all going to have updates either tonight or Saturday. Because some people I know got their ddd and was told that their money wages was off. Then when that big update hit Friday, some people updated from 1541 to and audit and some updated from 1541 to be processed. So we should be good.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies