What do i do if my state (louisiana) sent me a letter about a form R -10606? Do I have to amend the return to add this form?

The instructions for Form R-10606 do not indicate that an amended return is necessary.

The only instruction is to

Attach this form and copies of the return filed with the other states to your Form IT-540, Louisiana Resident Individual Income Tax Return or Form IT-541, Fiduciary Income Tax Return.

The only instruction is to

These instructions are confusing can I get help?

Did you ever find out what to do?

Would someone please verify which figure from the Mississippi tax return goes in column 2 of the Louisiana R-10606. Is it line 16, Mississippi Adjusted Gross Income? Or is it line 19, Mississippi Taxable Income?

Thanks!