turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

plekara

What's the difference between your return is "being processed" and your "return is still processing"? Anyone WMR update since 2/17? I need answers???

Got my federal on the 27th still waiting on my state told me 60 day review do anyone have the number for the state

What's the difference between your return is "being processed" and your "return is still processing"? Anyone WMR update since 2/17? I need answers???

Go online and look up your state number
plekara

I did nothing pooping up

What state are you in?
plekara

New York

Still processing ... this taking too long mannnn

I filed joint tax return.
filed Feb 5th. accepted Feb 5th.
I didn't send my 8962 or 1095a because my 1095a had not come until Feb 14th.
Feb 20th It was processing, and awaiting a deposit date. had a 504 code for a few weeks and it disappeared.
Feb 28th, it changed to Still Processing, which does not mean being processed. it means they need more information and it's on hold, and are mailing you a letter to request said information.
March 9th I received the letter asking for my 8962 and 1095a.
I mailed them in. on March 10th.
I called on March 21st or so to see if they received them. they said there's no way of knowing, call back in 8 weeks.
I checked wmr daily.
April 2nd my status changes from still processing, to we have received your tax return and it is being processed.
Today is April 6th and it still says they have received it and it's being processed.
Thank you healthcare marketplace.

I had mine update on 2/22 from one bar to no bars and return STILL being processed will provide date when available.On 2/23 I had it update to 2bars and ddd of 2/27. Hope this helped.. I didnt have to verify or anything never called just waited. Just because it say STILL processing doesnt mean u need to verify...2/4 received date
johnson

After you verified yourself how long did it take you to receive your taxes? Not how long it takes up to. How long did it take you personally each year after verification?

@gamad1975  I agree. Ive been thru 4 yrs of needing a TA because of identity theft.  My wording always said “still processing “ when my taxes were under review. I get an IP pin every year to file with my ssn and now I get “tax return is being processed” and no more issues about ID verify. 

That was most helpful, thank you

The difference between "being processed" and "STILL being processed is this-

Being processed- Your tax return has been completed and approved. The next step is the second orange bar that will say "refund approved." Basically, it is a good sign and there were no errors found or adjustments made with your return. You will see Tax Topic 152. Your refund is preparing to be issued. That's it. HOWEVER, 

Still being processed- The IRS will need more information before they can continue processing your tax return. Several possible reasons for this includes ID verification, miscalculated numbers, last names are misspelled (never issues with first names since they rely on last names only), earned income tax credit, etc. The IRS basically is going to STILL need more time to obtain the information required to continue processing. If it's been more than 21 days and the status has not changed, you should expect to receive a letter (NEVER A PHONE CALL SINCE THE IRS DOES NOT CONTACT ANYBODY BY PHONE) explaining the reason for the delay and instructions on what you will need to do. It's a pretty lengthy process and does indeed require more patience than most of us have (especially when it comes to our refund money).  But, just follow the instructions given, provide the correct (and accurate) information needed and everything will go through.... eventually. 

*Keep in mind, it's ok to be feel frustrated, confused, irritated, annoyed or just flat out pissed off, and it's completely understandable. But the IRS are still people too, not robots. They are just as capable of making mistakes as every other human being. Being rude will definitely not help you receive your refund any quicker. Communication is key. Politeness is appreciated. And respect is always deserved.* Hope this helps if not most, than at least some. 

Hi when you have 1 bar it will say received and is being processed the normal message. When you have no bars and says your tax return is still being processed a refund date will be provided when available from all my experience that means your return was flagged during the normal processing the most common is ID verify. If that’s the case you will receive a letter with instructions to verify. You will need the letter as they will ask for the control number off the letter, a prior year tax return and the current year tax return. 

Covered in Blood is a Christian term that God will protect us. 

Not sure why you would change the subject or what your statment has to do with the given question.  This is not a Bible study class nor is it church. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies