turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yungstilo

We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS what does this mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS what does this mean?

Ya if u used turbotax and they took a fee from your return then your infomation is wrong on direct deposit and u will have to wait for paper check as u cannot change it on the IRS website only check what DD information they have

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

If there is no record of your return at Where's my Refund  or you are getting the message "You may not have entered your information correctly",  an important factor can be if you are married filing jointly.  Make sure you are using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return.  Keep in mind that once the IRS notifies TurboTax that your return was accepted we won't get any more information from them.

Here are some other common reasons why your refund is not showing at Where's My Refund:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4242575

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tsuru88

It's been 3 days now, and when I submitted my return on Intuit I got text messages a short time later that the IRS and State accepted my return.

So, WHEN does this "24 hour" clock begin?  I'd think after 3 days it has and then means I've waited 24 hours (actually over 72 hours) and would have something more definitive.

Help.  As I've yet (on Social Security and IRS has my Bank info from previous stimulus and make far less than 70K) to get what was stated " Social Security recipients would get 3rd Stimulus on April 7th" deposit or check??

Thank you for your insight

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Your federal and state returns have been accepted by the IRS and your state respectively. It is out of our server and in theirs. Now you wait until each has processed your refunds. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies