Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kncclark

Used the online self-employed to file taxes and then realized we needed to use Business as we are LLC filing as Scorp. Already bought the business - how do I amend?

I just need to know how to complete the Business form as an amendment - can I transfer the file I did online as self-employed to the Business software so I can complete and Amended form??
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

Used the online self-employed to file taxes and then realized we needed to use Business as we are LLC filing as Scorp. Already bought the business - how do I amend?

You can't transfer the data between a personal tax product (Self-Employed) and an entity product (Business). You might be able to reimport from Quick Books, but you can't move from SE Online to Business.

The Business return (1120-S) should be efiled as an original return, as it is not an amendment. You will need to amend your personal returns (federal and state) if they were already accepted.

I would recommend that you print your Schedule C and related worksheets and forms and use that to get through the S Corp data entry faster.

When you are done with your Scorp return:

• you will amend your personal return. Start the amendment process from the Tax Timeline
  • remove the Schedule C, and all entries from the Business tan/ Business Income and Expenses
  • Add just the K1 that you receive with your SSN on it.
  • Finalize and mail the amendment

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

You can't transfer the data between a personal tax product (Self-Employed) and an entity product (Business). You might be able to reimport from Quick Books, but you can't move from SE Online to Business.

The Business return (1120-S) should be efiled as an original return, as it is not an amendment. You will need to amend your personal returns (federal and state) if they were already accepted.

I would recommend that you print your Schedule C and related worksheets and forms and use that to get through the S Corp data entry faster.

When you are done with your Scorp return:

• you will amend your personal return. Start the amendment process from the Tax Timeline
  • remove the Schedule C, and all entries from the Business tan/ Business Income and Expenses
  • Add just the K1 that you receive with your SSN on it.
  • Finalize and mail the amendment

sonieboom

I got charged twice as well.  next year going to accountant, he was crappy but cheaper

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies