Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cj00000001
Returning Member

Turbotax says my federal refund has been accepted. However, the IRS site says it's being processed. It was accepted 2 months ago on April 4. Where is it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Turbotax says my federal refund has been accepted. However, the IRS site says it's being processed. It was accepted 2 months ago on April 4. Where is it?

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

cj00000001
Returning Member

Why does turbo tax list the date that i should have received my return as 4/25? It's June 2 and it still hasn't come.

@cj00000001 wrote:

Why does turbo tax list the date that i should have received my return as 4/25? It's June 2 and it still hasn't come.

The date shown on the TurboTax account Tax Home web page is only an estimate for when the tax refund will be available.  The estimate is based on the IRS target of issuing a tax refund within 21 days after the tax return was received (Accepted) by the IRS.

Only the IRS website for the status of a federal tax refund has the official status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

cj00000001
Returning Member

So the confusion seems to be that turbotax lists federal as "accepted" when it's really just been received and it is still pending? They should consider changing that language because seeing on turbotax that my return has been accepted and then having the irs site saying it is pending says to me that there is an issue somewhere.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies