Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

markbice
Returning Member

TurboTax Business 2022 will not let me efile an amended return

I efiled my 2022 1065 and then discovered I missed filing in one field on the partner K1s (line 19a, cash distribution). This does not affect my tax liability, but I want to do the right thing. So I make an amended 1065 from my original efiled return and generate the updated (and correct) K1s, but TTax Bus will not let me efile the amended return, saying I have nothing to efile. I see other TTax users have reported this in the past. What I supposed to do, just mail it in?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@markbice wrote:

What I supposed to do, just mail it in?

Yes. TurboTax Business does not support e-filing of amended business returns (1065, 1041, 1120-S, 1120).

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@markbice wrote:

What I supposed to do, just mail it in?

Yes. TurboTax Business does not support e-filing of amended business returns (1065, 1041, 1120-S, 1120).

Even when selecting "File By Mail", TurboTax Business 2022 does not give me any details on where to send the printed amended Federal Forms:

In fact, it makes it seem like nothing has to be filed for the Federal.  How can this be, when I have a 1065-X that was filled out?

My understanding is the 1065-X must be filed with the 'service center' that the original return was filed at; however, my original return was e-filed.  How can I find out the service center?image.png

@Goro7731 wrote:

My understanding is the 1065-X must be filed with the 'service center' that the original return was filed at; however, my original return was e-filed.  How can I find out the service center?

Locate the mailing address for your original 1065 at the IRS link below. Mail the 1065-X to that address.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-your-taxes-for-form-1065

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

When the return prints out, it should print out the mailing instructions with the address. Have you printed it yet? @Goro7731 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, I printed the return and attached the first page in the screenshot above. TurboTax Business 2022 does not provide any address for filing the amended return. I did find this previous question, where users encountered the same behavior with TT.

It also prints a new 8453-PE declaration, which I assume I should not mail in?

@Goro7731 wrote:

It also prints a new 8453-PE declaration, which I assume I should not mail in?

You do not need to mail the 8453-PE declaration.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies