turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Azures
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Has anyone who used the turbo tax stimulus file got a payment yet the irs site couldn't even find me and mine was accepted on the 4th 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

I got the same problem. Went to check and found out that IRS didn't have my DD information. I had to enter it myself and used a different account all together. Turbo Tax charges all that money and fails us as customers. I have been with them since 2006. Am done with Turbotax. Never again will I pay that much money to do my taxes. Am going to use FreeTax USA.

Did you have to update your information on the irs website? 

You can absolutely get your stimulus deposited to your Turbo Card; but if you had fees/an advance, then there's a good chance the IRS doesn't have the information for your card. You'll need to go to the "Get My Payment" and manually enter the routing # and account from your card (you can find it on your 1040, page 2 also). From everything I understand, it's because a number of refund payments were sent to Santa Barbara Tax (who Green Dot owns), rather than directly to your card, if you applied for an RAL or had fees taken out. I say "a number" because it also appears some people got their refunds directly on their cards anyway, despite having an RAL/fees taken out. Either way: Check the Get My Payment page, manually enter the information for the account you want, and you should be good. 

Oh okay that explains it! I was wondering why they wouldn't have the cards information. That makes perfect sense. I just updated my information. 

I got my stimulus money on my turbo card today

I failed with turbotax but the IRS did not have my banking information 

My stimulus money went on my turbo card today.

So are they going on the tt debit card or not I don't have access to the card from last year I only have the tt debit card from 2019 filing year I'm extremely confused

I filed my taxes this year and got a new turbo card an my stimulus money was put on there today. But you can go on the irs website and click get my payment to update an track your money.

Mine didn't go on my tt card. Go to the IRS website. Get my payment.  

Go on the IRS website and go to Get My Payment and you can enter your information in there to update an track your money

Why cant I check my turbo card an I changed my payment this morning could it possibility get put on my turbo card its telling me my balance is unavailable 

I did it's saying they have no info ..smh

Nicafolife
Returning Member

Yes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies