turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do i do if my state (louisiana) sent me a letter about a form R -10606? Do I have to amend the return to add this form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

What do i do if my state (louisiana) sent me a letter about a form R -10606? Do I have to amend the return to add this form?

The instructions for Form R-10606 do not indicate that an amended return is necessary.

The only instruction is to

Attach this form and copies of the return filed with the other states to your Form IT-540, Louisiana Resident Individual Income Tax Return or Form IT-541, Fiduciary Income Tax Return.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

The instructions for Form R-10606 do not indicate that an amended return is necessary.

The only instruction is to

Attach this form and copies of the return filed with the other states to your Form IT-540, Louisiana Resident Individual Income Tax Return or Form IT-541, Fiduciary Income Tax Return.

Caseylynn1402
Returning Member

These instructions are confusing can I get help?
katycole

Did you ever find out what to do?

hcarter4
Returning Member

Would someone please verify which figure from the Mississippi tax return goes in column 2 of the Louisiana R-10606. Is it line 16, Mississippi Adjusted Gross Income? Or is it line 19, Mississippi Taxable Income?

Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies