turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ryobi

Taxes No Status and Information where to call

Hello, I filed my tax back in February.  I sent a paper form in the mail. I have always do it this way and have have t wait more then 2 months.  I have checked on the IRS web for the status  nd it not show any thing. I all the number that they ask to call all I get is repeated message so that nothing was found. I have not gotten any notices from the IRS  either. Is there a number or an email where  I talk to a person or contact a person?  Also at what point can I resend the tax return again? I guess the question is how long must wait for answer before I return resent the return?  Somebody said that it can take up to 6 months? Does anybody have the answer to this questions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Yes, a mailed return can take 6 months or more to process. 

@Ryobi - DO NOT SEND A SECOND TAX RETURN.  The IRS is woefully behind and assume 6-9 months processing a paper return.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue#coll...

As of June 1, 2022, we had 10.5 million unprocessed individual returns which include returns received before 2022, and new tax year 2021 returns. Of these, 2 million returns require error correction or other special handling, and 8.5 million are paper returns waiting to be reviewed and processed. This work does not typically require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund and in some cases this work could take 90 to 120 days. If a correction is made to any Recovery Rebate Credit, Child Tax Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation.

there is no number to call. a mailed return takes a long time until it gets into the IRS system.. until then their system will show it's not filed.  in the future consider e-file or if you mail it use a method where you get proof of delivery 

Ryobi

Thank you for the replies. I will file electronic the next time and for now I will have to wait it out.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies