turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

status to change from return received to refund approved?

do not give the answer from the irs site please!!!

How long will it take for my status to change from return received to refund approved?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

As long as it takes to approve it. It's not completely computerized, and returns are worked on in batches. They still have to be processed based on when they are received.

Alathea what are you saying ? I just said not to bring up the obvious on the site ! There’s tons of people that have had their refunds given to them way before the end of February with eic . What are you the law hall monitor ? Like seriously read before you write what everyone else already knows

And they are only “worked “ on manually (humans) when flags on the system surface so yea 😏

You are asking a bunch of random people on the internet that don't work for the IRS, you know, they people that are actually doing the work, to answer a question about something that only the IRS can answer, and choosing to disregard that answer because you don't like it. You are special. 

The people that are posting about getting their refunds already are probably the ones that filed with the 1040ez form. IRS usually test batches with those forms. The people that have EIC and EITC won't receive their refund before the end of February.

Anyone that says they got their refund and had EIC or EITC is trying to fool around. The same thing happened last year. No one can say how long it's going to take to get a refund. It's up to IRS.

I saw someone say they got ddd already they have EIC I just figure their lucky m

whaaattt?? when ...where!???

A person who earns 15,270 or less can receive an EIC credit without a qualifying child. That is probably the reason a person is saying they received their refund already and have EIC.
TaxReturnNewb
Returning Member

Seeing as how ridiculously rude you are, I kinda hope it takes forever before you get your refund. Chill out.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies