turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

So it says that my esitmated federal return date was suppose to direct deposit on 2-23, is it normal to be a few days late direct deposit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

So it says that my esitmated federal return date was suppose to direct deposit on 2-23, is it normal to be a few days late direct deposit?

Yes, it can be normal depending on your financial institution. The IRS suggests waiting up to 5 business days from the time they send your refund before contacting your financial institution. 

Please view the FAQ here.   

Refund Timing  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Is the estimated date of delivery the date that it should be refunded?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes.  However, according to the IRS website, "It takes additional time for refunds to be processed after leaving the IRS, and for financial institutions to accept and deposit them to bank accounts and products like debit cards. Also, many financial institutions do not process payments on weekends or holidays, which can affect when refunds reach taxpayers."

ReferenceIRS.gov - Refund Timing

**bleep**, well it's been almost a week since it says it was suppose to be refunded and its still not there. 

Okay, so if the estimated date is already passed but the status of my refunds are still "accepted" does that mean that it hasn't been refunded yet? Will the status change from accepted once refunded?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, the status on the IRS website will change. The IRS expects to issue most refunds in less than 21 days after being accepted. Turbotax gives an estimated date based on the IRS's 21 day timeframe. So it all depends on the IRS and how fast your tax return moves along in the system. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Therefore, I would not worry about the estimated dates.

• E-filing status is what stage of the process your return is in. (e-file status on TurboTax)
  • Refund status is when you can expect you refund. If that’s what you’re interested in, go to IRS Where's My Refund? site.

Where’s My Refund? has a tracker that displays progress through 3 stages:

(1) Return Accepted "Received," (2) Refund Approved and (3) Refund Sent.

Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account.

Please see the links below for additional information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies