Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group- Holding Tax Refund and Will not respond

I kept calling.i had a day off from work so from 7 am til noon I called every 15 minutes til I got a hold of someone lol

Madmab1018
Returning Member

i hear that i have went through exact same thing but its been two and half months now they show them depositing into may bank but no date no money.they lie it also says casiers check but no check been waiting 25 days now on that and nothing but more lies turbo tax cant do much they cant give u legal office number ...

Madmab1018
Returning Member

ive been doing same thing they wont connect to supervisior they just hang up on you wasting your whole day ive notorized indemnity bond like they ask had my bank send it to them they charged me 30$ for there screwup turbotax needs to be held accountable i used turbo not tpg they have had my refund for two and half months ive been nice but last time i blewup when they said they lost my info and i sent three copies 

Madmab1018
Returning Member

i have done all that and still no check.no direct deposit just lies after lie after lie

Madmab1018
Returning Member

Omg your kidding a year and nothing still.im just furious how can they get away with this .they have stolen or money and nothing we can do about it ....its theft its a felony .maybe a vigilantee needs to rain down 

Madmab1018
Returning Member

Im in if lawsuit is filed they need to be jailed and we need to be compensated for our stress and work trying to get our refunds 

Madmab1018
Returning Member

They took my money said its for efile fee when it was suposed to be free it cost me 230$ and no refund yet been two and half months now and no one is helping bout ready to do the bonnie & clyde to get my money the polive irs attorney general&bbb havent been able to help me yet but they bett as im getting my cash one way or the other ....

Madmab1018
Returning Member

Tt just lost lawsuit for saying there is free for 141 million for last year so there taking there money back the ill legal way stealing it

Yup! I’m going on almost three months. No check or any resolutions to what’s going on. I know they gain interest on the funds so they’re willing too hold them as long as possible. Some ppl really lost their homes, etc. behind this mess! It’s so inhumane and heartbreaking. I’m beyond pissed off. I have my daughter’s birthday/graduation/prom all within a few weeks and next month and these ppl could careless! I hope you get things resolved on your end. Because this AINT IT. 😡

Mary Ann 44
Returning Member

Why aren't you holding the company responsible for making your customers go through hardship because they are doing wrongful process.  Credit Karma says its turbo fault and turbo says its the Santa fault. And now Santa says they Credit Karma as my money. This is fraud you are withholding my money that's theirf. It better be In my account Monday !!!!! Like I was told!!

SBTPG mails checks in plain envelopes, and there have been reports of taxpayers throwing them out because they thought it was junk mail.

Next time, you can avoid all this by paying your TT fees upfront with a debit or credit card.  Or better yet, adjust your withholding so that you do not have to wait for a refund at tax time.

Mary Ann 44
Returning Member

I checked my mail every day.  I check every piece of mail. You can't get ahold of Noone by phone or there website .Noone is making this company explains themselves.  We are not responsible for this mistake you picked this company to do buiness with! You guys made this a choice. And once I was stuck with your company after several false pretenses of you'll get this keep going if you want this on the taxes. Now I'm going to lose alot due to Your company trusting company with your customers money that you made look legit because you joined them in this endeavor! So your company should show more outrage that they treated your customers in such manner! And help your customers get there money! 

Turbo Tax has no access to any funds or card system.

The irs issues payments not the tax preparation service. 

@ChristysCallCenterLLC True! But it’s thousands of people dealing with the same issue. TT can most certainly be in communication with a company they’ve partnered with too see why all these taxpayers who trusted their system to receive their refund, WHY they haven’t. You cant be serious! 😒

alecia3220
Returning Member

Idk if any of these have been said but here are some other avenues you can explore...

- IRS - File A Complaint About Tax Preparer
https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/make-a-complaint-about-a-tax-return-preparer

- FDIC Office of Inspector General
https://www.fdicoig.gov/oig-hotline

- Federal Trade Commission - Report Fraud
https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency's (OCC) Customer Assistance Group
https://www.helpwithmybank.gov/file-a-complaint/index-file-a-complaint.html

- USA.gov - Info On What Agencies To Contact
https://www.usa.gov/complaints-lender

- Office of Financial Regulation (OFR) - Complaint Form
https://flofr.gov/sitepages/FileAComplaint.htm

It's sad that we have to go to such great lengths just to get what we should have been provided from the start. But it's not like it use to be, now companies will just outright steal from you because they have no fear of the repercussions... Because half the time their aren't any. I'm only 30 years old but man this world has changed A LOT and it seems like every year the progression of this downward spiral gets faster and more widespread... It's almost like a disease taking over our country. So sad.

But I hope some of this helps you... Tpg stole a **bleep** ton of money from people this year... They charged everyone a $39 fee but this was not indicated anywhere while filing my taxes. I am pretty good at reading everything and I know I never would have agreed to that. Of course, TurboTax claims they will reimburse everyone and the money will be automatically deposited or you will receive an email and if you got neither to contact customer service. Well I didn't get a reimbursement or an email and I had to call 3 separate times, one call was nearly an hour long and still have no resolution. The first girl sent me a refund form completely irrelevant to why I was calling, the second girl hung up on me and the last guy tried to help me but still wasn't able to. I too will be fighting for my money. Idgaf if it's $1 it's my money! It's the principal! And since I'm having to waste soooo much time all the fees including the one I agreed to should be refunded to me. Although, I'd say if I was in your shoes and it was such a large amount I'd be calling lawyers if you still aren't able to get what is rightfully yours. Best of luck to you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies