turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

I filed same day as you. My refund was frozen because of my husbands past due I just got my refund today. I would call irs and make sure nothing is wrong with your return.

Refund

I think everyone this is happening to should go on strike by this I mean not go to work do not buy anything and from what I can find out there is tens of thousands of us that is enough to make quite an impact on the gov that maybe they would get on the ball. 

I received a call from an Tax payer advocate yesterday around 5 pm she said that she had been assigned to help me she told me that she sent it up to the IRS but it would take them two weeks to reply to her and then another two to three weeks to get it processed which puts it around April 13 which is 10 days before the IRS will be issuing it anyway and this is after they know I have an eviction notice for April 5 so they advocated to get it 8 days after my eviction they are such a great help.

All I know is if I ever get the death penalty I do not want them Advocating a stay of execution lol

Refund

Thats crazy! They told me nothing was wrong with my return they just needed to verify income so they needed 45 days. Ugh I don't want to call them again to make them pull some crazy crap like an AUDIT  of nowhere just because they can. Told her these are my kids I know they came from me lady I don't see what is taken so long that's when she said about the income and 45 days. 

Refund

@williegiz  When I called I just pressed option 2 and then when the next menu didn’t give me anything I needed I kept pressing 0 a couple times and I transferred me lol. 

Refund

Oh shoot that was how I reach someone yesterday. But it's good you spoke to someone hopefully they gave you real answers 

Refund

Kyreacher did you ever receive a letter from IRS?

Refund

March 2 but I will not receive a letter

Refund

They told me the same thing no letter is being sent out to me. It's being reviewed by management. Its ironic they can hold it up and give us no explanation other then to wait. If they're really reviewing why can't they explained what they are reviewing. 

Refund

I finally got through yesterday to an IRS agent and she was kind enough to spend a little time with me and answer all my questions. I filed Jan 15 and still no refund. She told me that for some reason they are more backed up than in prior years and that the IRS is randomly choosing people to review. Some are getting letters and others not... Wow 

Refund

I received my transcript today it said my return got accepted March 2 but I filed feb 3 and it got accepted feb 4 but my tax preparer told me since it’s under review they started processing it March 2nd and they may be done close to the end of March I’m over it 

Refund

Wow yes at least they gave you a time frame smh. It would've been better mail it since they taking 8 weeks to refund it so much for filing electrically and being faster.  I guess they taking extra precautions or someone is messing up in the IRS

Refund

I just looked at my transcript today. Says they just received it 3-9 smh. And there is a bunch of codes. 806,766 ,570 971. I'm so mad because looks like they lied about the 45 days. Something about April I 5 I'm sure it will take longer. Anyone know about that 766. I looked it up just says common code. Could be offset? 

Refund

If the IRS already adjusted the refund removing dependents credits, and deposited the refund, but sent a audit letter with required documents proof,  in order to get additional credits refunded. Do I need to comply, or just leave it as is?  

Bjack2016

Refund

I'm having the same problem they told me that I have to wait 60 days from March 2nd so I been waiting and now TurboTax wants to charge my bank account 150$ that I don't have

Refund

I'm sorry to hear that. I thought TT chargers once you receive your return. **bleep** IRS I think they are so behind from the start that they are just taken their time

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies