Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund still not approved

I don't have either of those things and still no movement. Never had to wait this long. 

No I haven’t yet .Still just says return received and on first bar.

Well everyone with dependents has to wait that 21 days unfortunately 

This is not true. You can have dependants and not have to wait the full time frame. It's if you have CTC or EIC that you must wait. You can have dependants without those. 

Steve,  I'm in the exact same boat.  I can't find info anywhere regarding whether or not we should still be showing accepted on the IRS wmr tool, or if we should be approved by now. 

@txgirl 

You are partially correct ... folks with EIC and ACTC need to wait.  If you only have CTC those will process normally.

IRS FAQs : https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund? (updated December 22, 2023)

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects most EITC/Additional CTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by February 27, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with the tax return. However, some taxpayers may see their refunds a few days earlier. Check Where's My Refund for your personalized refund date.

Where's My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remain the best way to check the status of a refund, and will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 17.

You are correct. My bad. Meant to say ACTC. Typo. 

I’m in the same boat and I think that’s a lot of people who filed later than 1/26

It's not just who filed after 1/26. Mine was accepted 1/16. 

q113
Level 2

Facts mine was filed and accepted the 22nd and 23rd est 2/13

Did you get your refund?

q113
Level 2

@tiffluv81 nope still nothing

Same here. Nothing. Just showing accepted. Not approved yet 

Has anyone's transcripts updated yet? Mine still says the same. N/A's 

I filed on 2/2 and mine is still showing return received, not approved yet. I've been checking daily :( 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies