Refund Approved

Obviously, you are correct as most of us know...but some do not.
In response to your "Why?"
Well, because people that share similar tax situations, sometimes depend on receiving their refund. We also like to share the DDD obviously or these threads would not exist.

If you read other forums including other sites dedicated to refund status' you will find out that there are some individuals that received their DD prior to the date(s) listed by the IRS.

Refund Approved

Not unless it was an ral, or they didn't have dependents or eitc. What part of "the IRS is barred by federal law from releasing eitc and child tax credits early"? and "Act of Congress" do you not not understand? It's been the same every year since 2016. It's not like it wasn't publicized for months before it took effect, and after, too. Just because someone on the internet says they got theirs really doesn't make it true, never mind that those people never say if they had eitc or CTC. If they don't have those then sure, they can get it early. If they do, then they have to wait. That's just they way it is. Accept it.

Refund Approved

Alathea,
Thanks for the info and your kind reply.

Refund Approved

Haha. I would not exactly say she had a "kind" reply. But whatever. First off, I am not a liar and I did get my refund yesterday. Would be happy to share a screen shot of my bank statement for proof for anyone who doubts me. Secondly, I did not have EIC, but I did have CTC, but did not have ADDITIONAL CTC, and that is where the difference is. You can have the CTC and not have the delay in the refund, but if you have the ADDITIONAL CTC, or EIC, there will be a delay. 

Refund Approved

Hey TxGirl,
It is what it is lol. I certainly did not expect to come to a tax refund forum and for people to be SO rude. It takes more energy to be negative than it does to just shrug it off.
I did see your refund comment earlier and was not even referring to your results when replying to that other person. I have seen a few others post on igotmyrefund.com stating they did receive earlier than dates reported by IRS...more so for last year. Maybe 2 or 3 for this year.
Either way...congrats to you! A few more weeks for us EIC/ACTC peeps.

Refund Approved

I hear ya! We come on here for support and answers, not to be talked down to and belittled. I hope you know I was not speaking to you in my last message. I was just clearing some things up. I hope you get yours soon! 

Refund Approved

Facts are what they are. Other than regular child tax credit not being part of the hold up nothing I said was untrue. I need mine too, so it's not like I don't have a stake in this.

Refund Approved

It's the way you said things. Calling people liars and being rude to people for just wanting information. It was uncalled for. We all want our refunds so we don't need to turn on each other.

Refund Approved

Hey txgirl,
No, I didnt think you were directing anything towards me at all...you & I are definitely on same page lol. Text lacks emotion lol. Hard to decipher sometimes.

Refund Approved

I had EIC and CTC last year and i got my federal and state feburary 11th. You dont have to be so rude.