turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund Approved

Filed 1/22/19
Approved 1/26/19
DDD 1/30/19

UPDATE
The sbtg website where you can track when turbo tax receives your refund and deduct the fees before sending it my update today 1/29/19 at 1050am. They’ve received my refund and deducted my fees.
The IRS doesn’t show refund sent just yet nor do I see my refund pending in my bank (navy fed) but I’m sure at midnight it will post

Just wanted to share this with you guys. Anyone else with a ddd?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

27 Replies

Refund Approved

That is frustrating. I got an accepted date of 1/14 and as of yesterday, nothing had changed. The website is being weird so I have not been able to check today. Congrats to you! 

Refund Approved

Nevermind. Was able to use the app and I have a DDD of 1/30. Woo Hoo! 

Refund Approved

Did you have any dependants

Refund Approved

I have 2 dependants but no EIC. 

Refund Approved

Okay I have eic

Refund Approved

They say that takes longer to get approval. 

Refund Approved

I didn’t have any dependents

Refund Approved

Looks like we are in same situation.

I have 2 dependents and EITC.

Fed Efiled on 1/17

Accepted on 1/22/19

When I check WMR, getting same generic message stating refund will not be issued until the end of February.

My state (MA) is not even registering as being received yet. Super annoying!

Have you found any other forums that are specific to folks with Dependents and EITC?

Refund Approved

Why? If you have EITC or CTC you are in the same boat as anyone else that has it. Federal law passed in 2016 holds those tax returns and they won't be refunded until after the 15th. Its not a Turbo Tax thing, its an IRS thing. Its not going to change. 

Refund Approved

Obviously, you are correct as most of us know...but some do not.
In response to your "Why?"
Well, because people that share similar tax situations, sometimes depend on receiving their refund. We also like to share the DDD obviously or these threads would not exist.

If you read other forums including other sites dedicated to refund status' you will find out that there are some individuals that received their DD prior to the date(s) listed by the IRS.

Refund Approved

Not unless it was an ral, or they didn't have dependents or eitc. What part of "the IRS is barred by federal law from releasing eitc and child tax credits early"? and "Act of Congress" do you not not understand? It's been the same every year since 2016. It's not like it wasn't publicized for months before it took effect, and after, too. Just because someone on the internet says they got theirs really doesn't make it true, never mind that those people never say if they had eitc or CTC. If they don't have those then sure, they can get it early. If they do, then they have to wait. That's just they way it is. Accept it.

Refund Approved

Alathea,
Thanks for the info and your kind reply.

Refund Approved

Haha. I would not exactly say she had a "kind" reply. But whatever. First off, I am not a liar and I did get my refund yesterday. Would be happy to share a screen shot of my bank statement for proof for anyone who doubts me. Secondly, I did not have EIC, but I did have CTC, but did not have ADDITIONAL CTC, and that is where the difference is. You can have the CTC and not have the delay in the refund, but if you have the ADDITIONAL CTC, or EIC, there will be a delay. 

Refund Approved

Hey TxGirl,
It is what it is lol. I certainly did not expect to come to a tax refund forum and for people to be SO rude. It takes more energy to be negative than it does to just shrug it off.
I did see your refund comment earlier and was not even referring to your results when replying to that other person. I have seen a few others post on igotmyrefund.com stating they did receive earlier than dates reported by IRS...more so for last year. Maybe 2 or 3 for this year.
Either way...congrats to you! A few more weeks for us EIC/ACTC peeps.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies