Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

People with cycle code 20200705 and processing date 03/2 POST HERE!!! EITC/ACTC/and PATHers

FINALLY AN UPDATE!

I filed 1/27 and I am a PATHer. I had the code 570 on there for 3 weeks with no other code below it. I have processing date of 3/2/2020 and cycle code 05072020. I just checked my transcripts and FINALLY have the 571 code after 570 (to release the hold/freeze) followed by the 846 refund issued code for 3/4/2020! WMR has not yet updated but I know that won’t be until tomorrow or a later day. 

People with cycle code 20200705 and processing date 03/2 POST HERE!!! EITC/ACTC/and PATHers

I finally got my 846 code with 3/4 dd, praying & hoping that my dd hits Saturday morning i can only hope. I am praying that the others that are waiting get theirs soon also. 

Has anyone ever had their bank reject it and send it back to the IRS? If so, how long was it until you got a check? Or if you selected Checking instead of Savings, did they still deposit it?

If you checked savings instead of checking the bank may still deposit it ... check with your bank.   If the bank refuses the deposit then it is returned to the IRS  and is converted to a paper check mailed to the address on the return ... expect this process to take 3 weeks or longer. 

@Critter 

What happened is I put my Savings account number, but selected Checking. I got 2 different answers from my bank. One said if the name matches then they'll still deposit it, but the other sad no. My savings and Checking account numbers are the same for the last 6 digits, but I didn't put the "0"'s in the front so that's why she said that's technically considered your Savings. 

That is question for your bank to answer. 

Received the 4464c letter today. Smh. Im never using turbo tax again. All of my years of using a tax preparer and paying high fees I decided to try turbo tax and now all of a sudden "verification" which is nothing but an audit though they say it isn't. Back to the tax preparer and high fees next year.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

@LaQuanCh01  We can appreciate your frustration.  Truth be told, those identity checks are totally random.  You can get them filing with a paid preparer just as easily as filing with a service such as TurboTax.  It is a program instituted by the IRS to help protect all of us against tax and tax identity fraud.  While a little inconvenient, your refund is actually being protected by this measure that the IRS is taking.  But we can appreciate that any delay is frustrating, and we feel your aggravation.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
daa7
Level 2

I called today and I have the same codes and they said we will receive a letter telling us what’s wrong. Just lovely!! The won’t mail the letter till March 9! 😭

@daa7 if you're referring to the 3/9/2020 next to the 971 code when I was on the phone earlier with the IRS she said that is the date you should receive the notice by not the date they send it out. She also said if you have a date next to the 570 code if the following day after that date there is not an update then to call them....

@DanielV01 actually my wife and I use to use a tax preparer and we never got reveiwed or delayed. We have used turbo tax for the past five years and EVERY year we have been "randomly selected" for a review ... That's a heck of a coincidence. Honestly I've heard from many different tax preparers that people who go to a professional get reviewed less than people who don't themselves online.... I think I believe them which is why next year we won't be returning either.... We were giving it one last chance but five years in a row is ridiculous... And granted mine is on hold because of my company's w2 and w3 but almost the rest of the employees have gotten their returns and they all went to a tax preparer.... Can't ignore the facts...

Cmoorectp

I’m a 20200705 cycle as well. I read my transcripts and I have a 570 and 971. The only notice that I have received from the IRS was one stating that I gave authorization to FASFA to pull my tax return for financial aid. I’m concerned because last year I didn’t get my return until September because they claim they couldn’t verify one of my incomes so I had to directly send them in a copy of my W2 and then the refund was released. This year I only have one W2 and my two kids that I have been claiming since they were born. It should be straight up. Hopefully I don’t have issues this year. Anyone getting the same messages?

I am also where you are, though mine isn’t straight up. I have a small business as well so I already figured mine would take a little longer than usual. I haven’t received anything from the IRS. The only thing super different is actually claiming both of my kids this year and qualifying for the EITC. For two years my daughter’s father claimed her, and I just had my son in 2019, so I’m hoping things are just held up because of these credits. Its super frustrating. I was hoping for an update today and nothing. 

Hi all. I’m in this cycle code 2020075. With 3/2 being processing date. Just a question though; what is being processed? The actual return? The refund?

thanks in advance 

That's what I would like to know as well

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies