Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

No stimulus and no refund yet

We filed our taxes (e-file), married joint, on April 3, 2020. We also e-filed our 2017 and 2018 taxes on April 10, 2020. When we track it on the IRS app it says:

“Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available.”

It did previously say Tax Topic 152 but changed about 3 weeks later to the above. I have called the phone number to see if either one of us have a hold and it says no for both of us.  Is there anyway to track the two previous years refunds?  Also, we have heard nothing on our stimulus and we have five Children.  When we track it, it still says our information is not in the system. Is that because our previous three years returns have not finished processing yet? Thank you so much for your help, I truly appreciate it. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Prior year tax returns can no longer be efiled. A 2018 return filed after Oct. 15, 2019 had to be printed and mailed by you. A 2017 tax return filed after Oct. 15, 2018 had to be printed and mailed by you. If you tried to efile those returns in April 2020, they should have rejected. Tax returns prepared using the CD/download product installed on your computer for each of those years must be printed and mailed to the IRS.  There is no way to track the status of prior year returns until the IRS starts taking phone calls again.

Did you by any chance use the current online product to prepare tax returns for 2017 and 2018. You can't do that. The current online product is only for 2019 tax returns.  Tell us what you did and we'll try to help you figure out what to do now.

The IRS is way behind processing tax returns for refunds. All you can do is to continue to track the status using the IRS tracking web site: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Track your stimulus payment using this IRS portal: Get My Payment

See these Q&As for more info: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Thank you so much for your reply. We had an accountant e-file the 2017 and 2018 returns on 04/10/2020. He has not said anything so that’s troubling to hear. Would they send something in the mail rejecting them?  

Professional tax preparers can efile prior year returns so he surely would have notified you if they were rejected. He would have knows within a few hours if they were rejected or accepted. Those using TurboTax cannot efile prior year returns. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies