Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My second stimulus check was supposedly deposited on a TurboTax debit card account that was somehow closed. How will this be fixed and when?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My second stimulus check was supposedly deposited on a TurboTax debit card account that was somehow closed. How will this be fixed and when?

Update:  After saying my second stimulus check would be direct deposited on my TurboTax debit card that my 2019 tax refund was put on, now the IRS Get My Payment Tool says status unavailable.  

You guys should have reopened the account (that I didn’t close), and put the money on my card.  Where is my money now and when will I get it?

Has this happened to anyone else that did actually receive their stimulus money?  Anyone have any additional info?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Anybody that chose to pay their TurboTax fee out of their refund opted to have SBTPG as an intermediary. The bank, SBTPG, charged you an additional fee to take out TurboTax fees, receive your refund, and deposit it into your account or give you a debit card.

If your federal refund went to SBTPG, they will get the economic impact payment as well.

The stimulus check will go to SBTPG/Green Dot and then be routed to you. My understanding is an additional 1-2 days once they receive it. You may contact Green Dot for a replacement card at 888-285-4169. Also, you can go to this Santa Barbara Tax Products Group website for stimulus information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much for replying!  

I’ve attempted to request another card,  I’m unable to.  It asks for your card number, account number, or SS# and will not accept mine.  It says it does not recognize that card number.  The TurboCard app says my account is closed, I can go to the website to look at past transactions.  

The IRS Tool says yet again that my stimulus check was direct deposited on my Turbo card on January 4th.  Will TurboTax send me a new card or reopen my old account?  

Thank you for your time and trying to help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies